Adams Lake

G-Auto

Has anyone on here fished Adams Lake extensively? I haven't done fresh water fishing in many years and when I did it was strictly fly fishing. I'm heavily into Saltwater fishing and from what I have seen people fish Adams Lake the same way with downriggers. We have had a place in Agate Bay on Adams Lake for many years and I have never really tried to fish the lake as I spend most of the summer ocean fishing. With the uncertain Chinook fishery this year I am expanding my options a little bit. I have a 19 foot Bayliner up there that I could easily wire up for plugs and just bring my downriggers up off my ocean boat from the coast. It seems to me that to fish a lake this size it is your only option? Can anyone provide any insight?

In the summer, downriggers are a must. I used combinations of flashers with Apex lures and was successful early in the morning. It's like most of the big, Interior Lakes, not the best for fly fishing, but it can be done.

In the summer, downriggers are a must. I used combinations of flashers with Apex lures and was successful early in the morning. It's like most of the big, Interior Lakes, not the best for fly fishing, but it can be done.
How are you finding the fish? The lake is so deep you clearly don't fish bottom structure like you do in the ocean. Are you fishing creek mouths? How deep?

How are you finding the fish? The lake is so deep you clearly don't fish bottom structure like you do in the ocean. Are you fishing creek mouths? How deep?
That's the million dollar question for these big lakes. I agree, creek mouths are a great place to start. When I was there last, I just paid attention to my depth, never really looked for arches or baitfish like you do in the salt.

I have fished Adam's a bit. I have caught several Rainbows around the 2lb range along the log booms. I have heard of fish up to 30lbs coming out of that lake. It's tough to fish as it's so big and deep.

I fished the drop offs, deep. That and any creek mouth. Sure is a beautiful lake. Watch for that wind to pick up as the day goes on.

Back