2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to stop this conversation here. This is a reports thread and there are other places to discuss this and, in fact, it has been kicked around many times before on this forum. Please keep this thread on topic and perhaps try to educate fellow fisherman on FB which was the source of that photo.

Thanks.

Hit Cowan at 9 first fish caught about 30 mins later a nice hatchery coho. 4 more to the boat but the rest were Chinook. Stopped at 3 when wind picked up. Finally first keeper for the year. Hooray Caught on small chovie and one the exact size in her when I cleaned her. 103 ft down

I wonder what percentage of guys out there that are catching and releasing are actually throwing a fish or two in the porta potty. I love fishing as much as the next guy but just can't bring myself to get out there to C&R. I just know how much it bothers me to not be able to keep one. I don't want to be tempted. It's like doing too many boys trips to Vegas with the wife at home. Eventually you have 8 beer too many...

Lol
I wonder what percentage of guys out there that are catching and releasing are actually throwing a fish or two in the porta potty. I love fishing as much as the next guy but just can't bring myself to get out there to C&R. I just know how much it bothers me to not be able to keep one. I don't want to be tempted. It's like doing too many boys trips to Vegas with the wife at home. Eventually you have 8 beer too many...
Lol! I feel that.

Fished Cap mouth to Point Atkinson and back yesterday. Marked Fish and bait But no takers in the poo brown water. Going to have to give that area at least a month to clear up. Trolled over a submerged crab trap out there too! Float was two feet under. Also a chit load of commie traps out. All laid on the preferred tac.

sadly you may have to get used to C&R RC as it may be the only way you get to go fishing for the foreseeable future ....
don't hold your breath for an opening it may not be coming this year ....

Went out yesterday to do some crabbing in the harbour. Lots of traps out. Mostly unders and females, 2 keepers. Definitely slower than a few weeks ago in my usual spots anyway.

sadly you may have to get used to C&R RC as it may be the only way you get to go fishing for the foreseeable future ....
don't hold your breath for an opening it may not be coming this year ....
I'll be targeting coho as soon as the boat's back in the water (won't fish deeper than 80') . Will pick up some fresh rock fish on my trip to desolation in July and then I'm banking on some local nookie come August. Fingers crossed.

Fishing Thrasher. Got the 1st clipped coho of the season at 84’ in 350’ of water. Released one hatchery Spring around 10lb. Kind of slow day but beautiful water.
Nice, what were you using for the 'ho? I'll be up that way on Saturday/Sunday.

Nice to hear capman! Not heading to Thrasher though. Hopefully some are showing around Bowen. Going out Friday, anyone have any recent experience
RG or GP , Cowan?? Any info would be great! Thanks :)

HiTW just a quick 2 hrs tonight. Need to breathe that salt air to keep me going. Rewarded with 2 fish one a small shaker but the other just under 60. Nice fight. Popped the clip so you know it will be fun.

Tried south side bowen at 40 and 100' a few smaller springs at 74' and 120'. Was trying for coho at the 5 o'clock tide. Went over to HITW was the evening sunset no bites. Anchored up maybe try HITW or back to Cowan pt in the am.

Tried south side bowen at 40 and 100' a few smaller springs at 74' and 120'. Was trying for coho at the 5 o'clock tide. Went over to HITW was the evening sunset no bites. Anchored up maybe try HITW or back to Cowan pt in the am.
Where'd you anchor? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back