I'm not sure...

Looks like it’s good for a couple more rounds. I had one of those spoons. It was a serial killer at Nootka a couple years ago. That picture reminds me that I need to find another.

Last edited:
This is the old “own 100 flashers use two” thing. The swim tails that catch the most fish have no pain left on the head. The flashers that catch the most fish have rock marks from the bottom. That set has a lot of life left.

Hey do you ever cut those tail pieces off the spoon. In that photo the secondary spoon attached to the spoon. (Tail I guess) I cut them off the small spoons but leave the on larger. When I bought my first spoon a few years ago the salesman told me he always cuts them off.

Hey do you ever cut those tail pieces off the spoon. In that photo the secondary spoon attached to the spoon. (Tail I guess) I cut them off the small spoons but leave the on larger. When I bought my first spoon a few years ago the salesman told me he always cuts them off.

Brett: Like you I used to take the little blades by the hook off my smaller Coyote spoons as some of the 3.5 came with them and some didn't. I wanted my small spoons the same. I leave them on now if they come with the spoon and they don't seem to hurt the spoon success, not sure if they help though I expect they do at times.

...Rob

one of these with a different hook? coyote sardine
sardine-123-e1554495032976.jpg

Those spoons are crap, don't work, nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Probably explains why I have about 30 on my boat.

Back