Boat dealers report record breaking sales amid Covid 19

Yup,it's not all doom and gloom out there,especially on the island.My son sold his house the first day on the market for over asking price to someone that had only seen his pictures of the house and sold his 18 1/2 Double Eagle to the first person to look at it for full price yesterday.And a friend that is a realtor says he's very busy now.I don't know how it is elsewhere, but you wouldn't know there has been any pandemic in Victoria as far as boat and real estate sales go.Mind you,both were immaculate and would have sold well before all this happened probably.

Yup... it is interesting who may benefit. Was talking to the manager at fitness depot in victoria and their sales are up by 3 times in the last couple months..

When you have the best stuff for sale it always sells quickly. The reward for looking after your possessions. Nobody even quabbles over price because they know they won't find anything better other than buying new. I sold my dads 1993 7.3 Ford 3/4 ton diesel truck for him a couple years ago. 2 wheel drive, matching canopy lots of extras, only 60,000 miles and garage kept it entire life. I put it on used Vic for $9000.00. The first guy who called and looked bought it but tried to get me down in price. I showed him his 65 Mustang which had 69,000 miles and was also garage kept and original paint. I said this shows you how he looks after his things...and there may be another truck on the Island like this one that is in good a shape....but its not for sale and this one is. He looked atme and said yeh I know its sold.

In the interior of the province, the ATV and motorcycle dealerships are also "never been busier".

It seems like those people that still have significant jobs (or 2 income families) have discovered disposable income from NOT eating out or random shopping.

I don't think people receiving money from Castro's child are making big purchases.

Big Money is betting on leisure. RV’s, boats, atv’s and other so called frivolous buys. The big one though will be Florida vacation properties. Money is dirt cheap and prices depressed. That will cascade to other vacation property markets. Peoples values have changed since March. More time with family and close friends. What better way to do it. Now I gotta scape up enough cash for a Pilatus PC12 .

Back