What's for dinner tonight ?

Have you tried just cooking at low temp for 30 minutes and then searing? More comparable to the SV. I rarely just throw a steak on the grill.

If am going to do that......I may as well just do 40 in the SV and enjoy the extra juiciness. ;);)

You mean the eagle nook fishing derby that went on??? how did ya do?

Didn't fish the Derby but had a couple buddies that fished it.. i haven't really talk to them yet as it usually takes a couple days for them to return to normal :) :)

My take on Chinese style rockfish

steam whole scaled gutted fish stuffed with green onion, chilli, ginger, garlic

Mix equal parts soy sauce , rice vinegar, table spoon honey, two generous spoon fills of chilli crisp( Chinese stuff in chilli oil) , half a lime .

In a small pot on the stove heat up some peanut oil with a touch of sesame oil

remove steamed fish, put on large serving platter and cover with Finley sliced ginger , cilantro , and more green onions,

pour hot oil mix over skin to crisp , followed by the soy sauce , rice vinegar mix

serve with wok fried broccoli and white steamed rice

Attachments

• 1407FE87-7CDF-4171-90C0-894B000D2B72.jpeg
    1407FE87-7CDF-4171-90C0-894B000D2B72.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 73
That looks beautiful.... great presentation..never been a huge fan of a whole fish or pig etc I know its weird I kill stuff and such but dont want to see its head LOL LOL but I still looks great
I remember the first time my buddy took me for dim sum about 30 years ago (china town) when the lid of certain things popped up I was scarred for life LOL

I got some jerky on the go but stupid work is facking me around.....got 3 lbs on the spice and cure right now.

Mmmm, luv the jerky. Please post pics of the finished product.

I have experimented with smoking the meat then into dehydrator. Have had good results with this but haven’t found the marinate that I’m happy with yet.

Mmmm, luv the jerky. Please post pics of the finished product.

I have experimented with smoking the meat then into dehydrator. Have had good results with this but haven’t found the marinate that I’m happy with yet.
I did some with just salt and pepper and it was actually really good. Definitely need the smoke on that one though.

I did some with just salt and pepper and it was actually really good. Definitely need the smoke on that one though.

I had some jerky years ago that was really tasty, have tried to make something that good.
I may have set the goal way out there but why not give it a try. Isn’t that what life is all about?

I had some jerky years ago that was really tasty, have tried to make something that good.
I may have set the goal way out there but why not give it a try. Isn’t that what life is all about?
That's exactly what it's about.

One of my faves is Doug's on Hwy 97. Just tastes like BEEF and smoke.

Back