Guides get the green light

Pippen

Just saw on social media today a couple of the Tofino guide pages saying they are good to go for June 1.

I don't know what they have to do with respect to distancing and any new rules but good to hear folks can start earning a living again.

Just saw on social media today a couple of the Tofino guide pages saying they are good to go for June 1.

I don't know what they have to do with respect to distancing and any new rules but good to hear folks can start earning a living again.
Social media is always the truth.........isn't it..

I guide and don't see how it is doable if social distancing is in play.

Social media is always the truth.........isn't it..

I never said it's the truth but people are now talking about opening and they are the operators.

There is a certain guide out of Comox area that claims his dance floor is big enough that he has been given the "okay"; that was prior to the long weekend.

Believe me......I am cautious but hopefully optimistic as we've been very diligent about distancing.

From all the business i've went to in the last week or seen. It seems to be social distance where possible and where you can't everyone wear a mask.

From all the business i've went to in the last week or seen. It seems to be social distance where possible and where you can't everyone wear a mask.
Exactly.....and that is how it will have to be. Lots of plans out there right now by guides associations, it will happen.

I never said it's the truth but people are now talking about opening and they are the operators.

There is a certain guide out of Comox area that claims his dance floor is big enough that he has been given the "okay"; that was prior to the long weekend.

Believe me......I am cautious but hopefully optimistic as we've been very diligent about distancing.
Hahah I think I saw that too.... the aqua sport boat?

I'm spending thousands of dollars developing a safe work place strategy for 26 people spread out over 9,000 sq ft. Has to be approved by wcb which is all fine with me, I would guess the same would apply to guides out of a lodge but who knows in this new world order.

Yes, the Guides have worked to carefully construct Covid Protocols which have been advanced by the SFI on behalf of the entire Guide/Lodge sector. The intention is to put in place a robust Plan. WorkSafe requires each business to have a Covid 19 Safety Plan, which must be posted and available for all employees and guests. The plan we advanced also contained a proposal to have each guest sent a Covid Plan/protocol that describes to them how they should travel, and limit potential contact with people within communities along the way to minimize the risks.

When I attended a WorkSafe seminar this past week, they clearly indicated that while there are no Orders from PHO preventing charters or Lodges under 50 guests from operating, the government has indicated that Lodges will not be operating until Phase 3. The best info I have from Destination BC indicated that Phase 3 would run from June to September, and only allows BC Residents.

The situation is quite fluid and subject I would suggest to changes along the way. One indicator however, is the Province is opening up campsite bookings....but only to BC residents. No out of province bookings are allowed. That could be an indication on which direction they will ultimately lean towards.

Time will tell.

I dont think the border closer will be extended again.

I would have to disagree unless it's financially driven. I had a bunch of meetings at US hospitals thru March and April and they are not even talking about the meetings resuming until after summer at the earliest.

Trump may push it but I don't think Justin is gonna cave given the increase of cases that continues in the US. He is closing his borders to so many hard hit countries I don't know why we wouldn't to the highest number of cases on the planet.

From what I understand come Phase 3, all Canadians will be able to move freely throughout the country.

Once the non essential travel ban is lifted (which is not law only a recommendation) we will be able to travel around the country.

I have a family member that is the head of a Covid Task force for the Calgary City Police.

BC residents travelling across the AB/BC border everyday as well as AB doing the same.

We will all have to follow the protocols that will be put in place.

When social distancing can not be met gloves and masks are required, this is on top of all other parameters that are in place.

I wish the guides well. I haven't heard if the citizens of coastal towns are willing to let me drop some money there yet.
Sew the fingertips back on, wear the mask, and keep the covid and skin cancer at bay at the same time.
_42K0937.jpg

I dont think the border closer will be extended again.

A good chunk of those big yachts are chartered and have repositioned for the season. I think it's going to be until the end of July until we use non essential US border travel. The next few weeks will be telling.

I can see the border opening up later in the summer but a 14 day mandatory isolation requirement staying in place...especially if infections remain at present levels or higher down south. Those who have to travel for work may go through this but I don't see it for travelers. They would then face another 14 days once returning home.

Back