How to Get Rid Of That Pink Staining On Vinyl Seats?!

Rain City

Crew Member
Anyone? My year old deck chairs are now showing signs of it. I remember this being an issue with the Bayliner seats as well :(

My perfectly white seats are showing signs of some soiling that almost nothing will remove.

i made up a paste of baking soda and water and it worked a bit. i heard of a mixture of water, vinegar and murphy’s oil soap can do the trick but i ha ent tried this myself.

a word of caution: avoid anything that is a degreaser like RoughRider or Ducasol or that 30seconds stuff. my bro in law melted his vinyl and it stayed tacky and sticky. it was actually hard to stand up it was so bad

My perfectly white seats are showing signs of some soiling that almost nothing will remove.

i made up a paste of baking soda and water and it worked a bit. i heard of a mixture of water, vinegar and murphy’s oil soap can do the trick but i ha ent tried this myself.

a word of caution: avoid anything that is a degreaser like RoughRider or Ducasol or that 30seconds stuff. my bro in law melted his vinyl and it stayed tacky and sticky. it was actually hard to stand up it was so bad
Oh I learned that lesson the hard way as well.

Rain, do you have any FSR? I just took out some rust stains on vinyl with it and came out looking new. Try in an inconspicuous spot, apply 303 aerospace protectant when you’re done.

Rain, do you have any FSR? I just took out some rust stains on vinyl with it and came out looking new. Try in an inconspicuous spot, apply 303 aerospace protectant when you’re done.
I'll give it a shot thanks.

FWIW, was talking to an upholsterer Friday and Sunbrella has a new vinyl product out that has the resistance to the pink staining impregnated into the fabric. Three year guarantee from pink stains.

He said that the staining is due to a bacteria that digests the plasticizers in the vinyl and when it dies it releases the pink colour.

FWIW, was talking to an upholsterer Friday and Sunbrella has a new vinyl product out that has the resistance to the pink staining impregnated into the fabric. Three year guarantee from pink stains.

He said that the staining is due to a bacteria that digests the plasticizers in the vinyl and when it dies it releases the pink colour.
This is what I've heard. Bacteria. Wonderful.

mr clean magic eraser, be careful it is hard on stitching
Have you actually removed this particular type of stain with one? I know they're great but if you've never seen the pink nightmare you wouldn't understand. It's embedded right in the vinyl itself.

sea-doo speedster. with the cover on all winter outside, was very ugly in the spring with mold, nothing would touch it. magic eraser made it look new with very little effort

sea-doo speedster. with the cover on all winter outside, was very ugly in the spring with mold, nothing would touch it. magic eraser made it look new with very little effort
Is that what does it? The cover over the seats? I feel like that's what started it on the bayliner. I put a new top on that sat right over the vinyl and boom it happened

Back