Boat Launches Open/Closed

Great to hear on Cates opening, I live 2 minutes away and had been driving by most days to check but didn't today, this made my day.

@Reeltime and @gokart see you guys down there!
Any prawns left or slowed right down? Newbie here, bought traps just before COVID and haven’t been able to use them, PM’s with any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Im itching to get out but I know there are some things I have to go over. I do know one thermostat was replaced on my O/B but im going to just pop in two new ones and check the air compressor water strainer. Plans in the works to install a heater all of this is not the time to be doing it. Should be out on thurs.

Just a heads up on cates it seems that there is only 1/3rd of the parking available. But it's open for sure.

I'm glad I found this thread thanks for all the info guys! Will be out next week as I have a feeling going to be packed this weekend.

Hey guys how is the cates boat launch at low tide? I am looking to get my boat in the water today for prop testing but the tide is not helping...
It's not great, depends how big your boat is, the side closest to the dock seems to have a bit more grade to it so launch on that side if you can and are close to low, I launch my 18' alum at fairly low tides there but not right at low.

Back