2000 542 Campion Value

seahorse

Crew Member
I know this is a loaded question but wanted to get some opinions on the current value of my soon to be listed boat. I'm the second owner.

Here is the list;

2000 Yamaha F100 with approx 1000 hrs
2011 Yamaha T9.9 with approx 600 hrs
Baystar Steering
Bennett Hydraulic Trim tabs
EZ Loader trailer with Titan disc brakes
4 blade SS Solas 17 pitch prop and spare SS 19 pitch prop

Maintained with an open wallet and stored in my shed all winter and when not in use in the summer. Canvas and interior is immaculate. Only sits in the water continously for 4 days when in Nootka at the float cabin

I have fished Nootka, Bajo, Pine Island, Nahwitti Bar, Telegraph Cove, Malcolm Island and Winter Harbour with this boat for the last 10 years.

Needs a cut polish and wax, impellor and thermostat are due plus spring oil changes.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Campion1.JPG
    Campion1.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Campion2.JPG
    Campion2.JPG
    442 KB · Views: 211
  • Campion3.JPG
    Campion3.JPG
    519.6 KB · Views: 200
Nice one! Good kicker and some goodies. Older power, clean hull I’d guess high teens to low 20’s?

I’m sorry if I’m off, I just like this game. Almost as fun as the guess the weight of a fish game.

Are you planning on taking care of the little list of maintenance needed before selling?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I was thinking of listing the boat for $24,500 OBO do you guys think that’s a reasonable price? Or am I out to lunch ...

Kaelc’s post is pretty bang on I’d say. Considering it’s the older style with higher hours I’d say right around 20 would be reasonable. I’ve seen a few similar year with 4 stokes for under 20. Depends how fast you want to sell and how many tire kickers you want wasting your time. Under 20 probably fairly quick sale, over 20 take a bit longer.

Thanks for your thoughts, I haven’t advertised yet but I’m getting interest from a few people that know the boat and were wondering what I would ask for a price. I guess I’ve been too busy putting my project Grady together and haven’t had time to give much thought about the price/value.

I was thinking of listing the boat for $24,500 OBO do you guys think that’s a reasonable price? Or am I out to lunch ...
"Needs a cut polish and wax, impellor and thermostat are due plus spring oil changes."
You would be wise to do these things before selling. First impressions are a big deal when selling as is a well maintained boat. Even though you are moving on, owner pride will be evident. You'll sell quicker and maybe even get a better buck for it.

I would post it for 30k and see what happens the market for these boats is nuts. Or well it used to be.

fyi, I saw a similar one that was listed for $18,500 a few weeks ago in North vancouver. I think it got sold pretty quickly. 2005 is when they redesigned it and supposed to have no wood in the boat and self bailing deck and etc.

"Needs a cut polish and wax, impellor and thermostat are due plus spring oil changes."
You would be wise to do these things before selling. First impressions are a big deal when selling as is a well maintained boat. Even though you are moving on, owner pride will be evident. You'll sell quicker and maybe even get a better buck for it.

Yeah, your boat is close to mint. Do those few last things, get a receipt for the impellor and themostat as well as oil change, and anyone who has looked at the absolute junk out there will have a hard time walking away on price and may even skip the mechanical/inspection survey process.

Yeah, your boat is close to mint. Do those few last things, get a receipt for the impellor and themostat as well as oil change, and anyone who has looked at the absolute junk out there will have a hard time walking away on price and may even skip the mechanical/inspection survey process.
easy on the Realtor speak, eh!

Hey Guys, thanks for all the advice , my Campion sold today went fast without advertising all word of mouth, just need to put the finishing touches on my Grady for the first trip to Cape Sutil off Port Hardy in 3 weeks. Gonna miss that boat...

Back