Boat Launches Open/Closed

Even Ontario with their high Covid numbers are opening the public launches this weekend:
Communities that have opened public boat launches, or have announced dates when they will open, include Kingston, Belleville, Brockville, Gravenhurst, Kawartha Lakes, Picton and Pembroke.

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/sudbury-softens-stance-on-when-boat-launches-can-open-1.4934247

Here is a good one port moody is thinking of charging a reservation fee on top of the launch cost. To pay for the city’s expenses to monitor it. It’s more than the cost to launch you’re boat. Don’t think I’m paying $50.

Port Moody as of May 20th is going to charge an extra $25 reservation fee to non residents and $10 to residents. This includes annual pass holders. Nice way to make some extra cash instead of just opening it up.

Reminds me of the same ******** BC Ferries pulled.

What do you mean "pulled" as in the past tense. They are still doing it up to this day. Why the hell does a truck and boat trailer which takes up 2 spaces cost boat owners the price that is eqivalent to 3 spaces?

Crickets from Vancouver regarding Vanier Boat Launch staying closed. They are cutting the Police budget by 8 million bucks, perhaps opening the ramp with the proper distancing rules they could start to cut in on their deficit a bit. I know it is Parks Board but for us it all comes out of the same wallet.

Crickets from Vancouver regarding Vanier Boat Launch staying closed. They are cutting the Police budget by 8 million bucks, perhaps opening the ramp with the proper distancing rules they could start to cut in on their deficit a bit. I know it is Parks Board but for us it all comes out of the same wallet.

Agreed. So frustrating!

Agreed. So frustrating!
I went out of McDonald last weekend and it is just too crazy there for me but from a health perspective if they keep all the local launches open they spread the pressure of people contacting with other people out by quit a bit.

Could anyone tell me if there’s enough water at McDonald beach with a 5 ft tide to put in a 26 ft boat. I haven’t been there for a couple of years. Not sure how bad it’s filled in with silt.

Vanier 5 mins ago...sad sight to see on the May long weekend.

Attachments

• 89A97D96-98E7-4AA9-9553-373FC70D22B3.jpeg
    89A97D96-98E7-4AA9-9553-373FC70D22B3.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 118
Back