Goetz Trol-Eze

sir-vivor

Just wondering If any one has used the Goetz Trol-Eze unit and how has it held up in the salt ???

I used one on my last boat it worked great, I used a seastar cylinder instead of the goetz one just because the one in the kits did not look like the greatest quality. Didn't like running more hydraulic hoses out the back of my hull.
. Currently I have a powered helm for my kicker, (came with the boat) it works well but is a little slow.
My buddy bought a panther electro steer and I really like it. Fast turning, simple system, but the remote looks and feels cheap.

Sir-vivor, I am looking at the same issue. How best to control kicker from inside the cabin. The various electric units stick out a lot on both sides. This won't work on my twin 150 set up plus kicker. Likely be sticking out past gunnel. A problem when docking and would be in salt spray every time I am running. I think the Goetz is more compact. Not much info on Goetz on the web. Wireles would be a nice option though. Keep me posted.

I am still looking for the elegent solution on this.

I have the Goetz troll-eze installed on my boat and works well.
Nice clean installation.
2 seasons, no hiccups.
Nice to have a lanyard so can be at the helm or anywhere in the cockpit.
Bot mine from Dan Parker at Monaro Marine, he has used it on his boats for many years and swears by them.
I would recommend it.

Love mine the freedom to move anywhere in the boat and still steer is great. Can also hand it off in a hurry when a fish hits. only problem I had was a leaky cyl.

I have elected to go the Panther T4 and I think I might have made a mistake , I noticed my turning radius is only 90 degrees from left to right, just wondering what it is with the Goetz unit ?
Turning radius is with the linkage all hooked up and piviting the engine left to right.
Clint

I used one on my last boat it worked great, I used a seastar cylinder instead of the goetz one just because the one in the kits did not look like the greatest quality. Didn't like running more hydraulic hoses out the back of my hull.
. Currently I have a powered helm for my kicker, (came with the boat) it works well but is a little slow.
My buddy bought a panther electro steer and I really like it. Fast turning, simple system, but the remote looks and feels cheap.
Panther T4 remote looks cheap but stands up well. The wireless remote is fussy re changing battery Do not over tighten the screw!! I have been using mine for a couple of years with no issues.

Re turning radius (another post) of T4 - Adjust spacers, or attach centre of motor, or combination. I had this issue originally but with a little fussing I solved it and no problems

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used a Goetz Trol zee for several years and like it. I have a repair problem. I removed the hydraulic oil storage cylinder to address a leakage issue, need new o-rings. When I pulled it off, two washers dropped off, one with an o-ring. I can't figure out where these are supposed to go. Anybody know how to put these things bag together?

I know this is a. Old thread but I’m looking into this system but can’t find any details or anyone who sells them. Curious if someone on Vancouver island or the mainland has them and what ballpark they retail for.
Thanks.

I know this is a. Old thread but I’m looking into this system but can’t find any details or anyone who sells them. Curious if someone on Vancouver island or the mainland has them and what ballpark they retail for.
Thanks.
I hated mine. There was a store on the island that sold parts but from what I remembered it was about $275 shipped for a new handle, which you'll need in short order.

I hated mine. There was a store on the island that sold parts but from what I remembered it was about $275 shipped for a new handle, which you'll need in short order.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the intelesteer would be the better route.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe the intelesteer would be the better route.
I believe this is the consensus. Good luck with it. I should also that after adding a rear station with real controls it changed my boat completley. As "easy" as a remote is, it just doesn't compare to a wheel for control.

i really liked mine on my my boat, but i do not think they are in business any more
That replacement handle whip you gave me crapped out at the Galiano derby and made me run some gear through my prop lol.

I’ve had pretty good success with intelli steer. I had panther before that and gave be lots of trouble, was great when it worked. I just replaced the cable on my intelli steer after 3 years of use. Intelli is a little loud but strong and reliable. The panthers are quiet and have a quicker response. I like how intelli is pretty robust and the wear part is the steering cable which is a standard part to get

Back