Yea, BCWF got fishing and hunting deemed essential service.

The BCWF is a member of the SFAB and and normally doesn't act independently of the SFAB process for saltwater issues. This time they did, with a larger focus on outdoor recreation-- fishing , hunting and parks. This caught the attention of the Province and they got results. Excellent!! Maybe a lesson to be learned here ??

That make no sense what you wrote. The saltwater angle had already been covered by Province weeks ago.

The BCWF went after freshwater angling and hunting which our Province has more control of. That is why the Province responded. SFAB engages with federal government you know that.

Essential services have different qualifications they need to meet.

Except that the provincial health officer released guidelines a month ago for hunting and fishing and they have not changed. As an essential service they still have to follow the guidelines and orders laid out for operation.

It does not seem like anything has changed to me

We also have never implemented in bc the only Essential services can be open. They provided guidelines and orders.

It’s like way restaurants are now essential but they still have all the same guidelines and orders as before. Ie they can do take out

Last edited:
I am confused as well.
Well you shouldnt be ..... I know full well the separation we have to endure between federal regs and provincial responsibility. What I am saying is that by sitting down and talking with the province- the BCWF managed to get the province to LISTEN. While I support the SFAB process, I am getting tired of DFO telling ocean anglers and the SFAB to provide "advice" that, for at least 3 years, has been dumped in the garbage can. Just maybe a different approach is needed. We are going nowhere right now in spite of many many hours of hard work from the SFAB , SFACs and SFI.

Well you shouldnt be ..... I know full well the separation we have to endure between federal regs and provincial responsibility. What I am saying is that by sitting down and talking with the province- the BCWF managed to get the province to LISTEN. While I support the SFAB process, I am getting tired of DFO telling ocean anglers and the SFAB to provide "advice" that, for at least 3 years, has been dumped in the garbage can. Just maybe a different approach is needed. We are going nowhere right now in spite of many many hours of hard work from the SFAB , SFACs and SFI.

Maybe BCWF can talk to DFO and use their special powers that the have used here

No-- Maybe the SFAB might want to take a REAL look at how well this "advisory" thing has been working for us. There is supposed to be a review internally of how the system is working ( or not) . Its a start, but somewhat late. Do I have all the answers ?? No-- but collectively something needs to be changed as we have seen our abilities to engage in our passions and rightful access, rapidly eroded by governments.

No-- Maybe the SFAB might want to take a REAL look at how well this "advisory" thing has been working for us. There is supposed to be a review internally of how the system is working ( or not) . Its a start, but somewhat late. Do I have all the answers ?? No-- but collectively something needs to be changed as we have seen our abilities to engage in our passions and rightful access, rapidly eroded by governments.

Nailing it CL

ps how did this thread continue but one I started before anything else was posted on this announcement get deleted? :D:eek::p At least now I know...

Last edited:
Nailing it CL

ps how did this thread continue but one I started before anything else was posted on this announcement get deleted? :D:eek::p At least now I know...

Usually do this in private but you can't seem to stop publicly challenging and hinting at some slant against you, in the way we moderate this forum. It is quite simple, your thread was removed because it was a duplicate. No conspiracy, just doing what we do all the time, but you can't help yourself and turn into some personal issue. If you could stay away from making things personal and being a **** disturber on a regular basis, we would have no reason to get involved. If you don't like how we moderate it's simple really, start your own forum or don't participate here.

Ah yes, likely was because it was already being discussed with that slant to it. I have had to merge many threads lately as the same topic has been started multiple times. In any event, you are missing the point again, that being your perception that you are unfairly picked on here, when it is just your consistent behaviour of turning things personal and pot stirring that leads to cleaning up behind you on a regular basis. It is oh so tiresome but I am sure you will have a different perspective.

This has become much too public and a complete derailment so I will now put myself in a timeout. Don't bother to respond as it will be deleted.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Back