Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

How the hell do you put 450 hours on a main when you've got a kicker in one year? It would take me more than 5 years to put on those hours based on my historical use of my boat. And I fish all summer. Guy must be running the main while trolling...

Depending where he fishes, the main might control the boat better in wind or strong current conditions. This debate has been done to death, troll motor vs main motor.

The one pic isn't terribly useful, but the main engine cowling vents are definitely a Merc V6 2-stroke (maybe an Optimax or just plain old EFI). Maybe the ad is supposed to say 2009 main engine?
more pics coming shortly. Will this be one of many bail out sales in the near future?

I'm pretty sure the max up is 175, I had the same boat with a 175 ocean series 2stroke and it ripped. A 150 would be fine on these boats.

175 two stroke vs 150 four stroke, remember that weight is also part of the transom rating, not just push. Some manufacturers gave 2 ratings for this exact reason, a few insurers accepted a 2 tier allowance as well..

Interesting that most 23’ers need 225-250 horsepower. That’s a big jump for 2’ when I have friends with 17’ers with 150hp. Narrow beam on that trophy?
I’m Just trying to educate myself for my next boat, not trying to be a **** disturber. That just comes naturally for me I guess!

Interesting that most 23’ers need 225-250 horsepower. That’s a big jump for 2’ when I have friends with 17’ers with 150hp. Narrow beam on that trophy?
I’m Just trying to educate myself for my next boat, not trying to be a **** disturber. That just comes naturally for me I guess!

Exponential.

lol, who's working from home today!

I'm pretty sure the max up is 175, I had the same boat with a 175 ocean series 2stroke and it ripped. A 150 would be fine on these boats.
Buddy of mine has a 225 optimax on his. It’s a 92 or 93 but same hull design. I actually thought this was his boat at first.

There are so many variables! Too many to count, really. A few off the top of my head

- hull deadrise (more deadrise generally means it takes more power to push to a given speed)
- boat weight
- hull design characteristics (ie size reverse chine, configuration lifting strakes, does the hull have "pad" for lift, etc)
- length vs beam ratio
- wetted surface length vs total length
- steering configuration (ie remote steering vs tiller....tiller ratings are typically lower horsepower because the motor can be steered lock-to-lock in an instant)

Also, in my experience the bigger the boat the less consistent various manufacturers are with actual length correlating to model name length, so it makes it harder and harder to compare boats based on model name length alone.

Back