Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I wouldn’t think 230hp of twins is too bad on a 24
I do Agree 140’s would be better

Last edited:
The guy is probably trying to get all the money out eh?

$35,000 from when it was for sale last year
$10,000 on maintenance & new electronics
$2,500 for pre-paid Sewells annual moorage
$47,500

The seller must be reading this thread because literally an hour ago the price was dropped down to $47,000!

The guy is probably trying to get all the money out eh?

$35,000 from when it was for sale last year
$10,000 on maintenance & new electronics
$2,500 for pre-paid Sewells annual moorage
$47,500

The seller must be reading this thread because literally an hour ago the price was dropped down to $47,000!

You forgot the bill he will get in about a yr for the tax on the purchase of $4,200

Not dissing the Silver Streak or the price, great boat at 33k USD and 80k CAD to replace? Likely your only chance to get into a SS hard top like that for under 45k. I did lots of price adjustments when selling my boat and removed all the electronics which he may want to do. I couldn't take off the new canvas, suspension seats, radar arch...sunk costs a economics lesson most of us forget. I'm testing out the new pricing reality with a carbon bike on eBay with bids starting at $1 and free shipping. It would have gone for $750 plus shipping 3 weeks ago. Now I'll be lucking to get a few Canadian pesos out of it. Praying for someone to smarten the F...up south of the board 100k cases today, I digress. Anyone with a nice 18-22 foot Cuddy with outboards for sale? A friend was looking.

is 150 a bit light on a fully loaded striper? I'm thinking a lot of prawning gear and 3 guys would make that yammy work?

is 150 a bit light on a fully loaded striper? I'm thinking a lot of prawning gear and 3 guys would make that yammy work?
Yup, it would be nice with a 225. I had an underpowered boat for a while; more expensive on fuel, slow to get on step, lousy with 3 buddies aboard. The motor was always struggling to keep up. Took the blush off the romance.

This thing is kind of cool with newer twin powerhttps://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1972-Sea-Ray-240--2004-Extensive-Refit_34974029.lite

I think those 115s are working pretty hard to move that boat. Looks like maybe 4500rpm to get 25mph based on the pics.

The other thing if one motor stops working, I have my doubts whether the 115 would be able to get the boat to plane. My preference would be 1 big motor and a kicker.
But... If the one big motor fails, you will REALLY have a tough time getting on plane with a 9.9 :D

Last edited:

i don't disagree , lucky with social/physical distance that's not an issue;). it's interesting to me that sooo many boats show up with min power or underpowered. i assume the dealers push them this way to reduce initial cost. still the striper looks minters and for the right person could be a good option.. like the silver streak..

i don't disagree , lucky with social/physical distance that's not an issue;). it's interesting to me that sooo many boats show up with min power or underpowered. i assume the dealers push them this way to reduce initial cost. still the striper looks minters and for the right person could be a good option.. like the silver streak..

Yep it is the dealers-same way they sell a trailer for the boat-lightest they can get away with so that the deal looks good. Usually happens to first time buyers because once you operate an under-powered boat or had a trailer that is too light for the load--it never happens again. Expensive fixes and usually the best fix is to sell it on and start again!!

I had the same power on a 2008 with a soft top. It was fine on that hull but I was told when I ordered mine that the 200-225 was recommended with the fixed hard top. That is a great hull that planes easily. I had a 42mph top speed that I never really used. Fuel was good and it handled offshore well....just my experience on a boat I ran from new for 10 years hassle free.

Back