All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just proved to myself that there is actually no-one monitoring / answering the EI hotline.

Was on HOLD since 8:35 am. Ran well past closing time now, and still getting the Please stay on the line and our first available agent will answer...

Like when? September?

Really??

Ticked - Nog

Just proved to myself that there is actually no-one monitoring / answering the EI hotline.

Was on HOLD since 8:35 am. Ran well past closing time now, and still getting the Please stay on the line and our first available agent will answer...

Like when? September?

Really??

Ticked - Nog
My accountant can't get through to even do the ROEs for the layoffs

Like when? September?

Really??

Ticked - Nog
Hey are you calling this # 1-833-381-2725 ? This is for people who are already on EI or filed online and or making changes because of covid. It took my son 1 hour to get through then 5 minutes on hold.

It’s almost like war time measures. It’s nice to see these companies standing up and making a difference. Yes it will help their bottom line but at the same time, keeps people working and working for the common good. Same as during world war 2 they say if it wasn’t for our auto industries and farm equipment manufactures and their ability and availability to convert the plants to manufacture military equipment we more than likely would be under **** control. A lot of people were mad when the governments helped out and bailed out the auto companies a few years ago but on top of jobs it sustained our countries are for ever indebted to those companies for their role in sustaining our free countries. The same will stand again it will be the large manufactures that will manufacture the products and sustain the jobs through the tough times. Keep that in mind next time you curse the man and the big company men. They play their role in our society as much as anybody.

Here end of the lesson.

I cant help but notice a very large and noticeable age demographic is refusing to change their life style and follow social distancing. This is the same group that has demanded everyone else make huge sacrifices in the name of "climate change"....

The first time they are asked to do something for society during an actual "emergency/crisis", &,,,,,, nope.

I was talking to a friend today (over the phone), & he made a comment that at first made me laugh. But then thinking more about it,,,I think he is right. Anyone want to guess how long it will take to blame the pandemic on "climate change"? You wait, they will find a way to do it.

A CRISIS has hit the Alberta Heartland.

Was at the Fishin Hole South Side Edmonton, and told it is their last day open for a month. They are NOT and I repeat NOT an essential service so they must close because of the lock down!!!!

REALLY???

All these guys stuck at home, with nothing to watch on the TV, ....

Just ask their Wives if the Fishin Hole is an essential service. The families would definitely say sending their guys fishing is essential to not being driven crazy!!!

As for the guys, well they are just providing for their families.

Drewski

I’m on the mainland and none of my sites have shut down. Some have special parameters but nothing has been locked up yet. I also have some work that I can’t see ever being shut down right now. Abbotsford urgent care centre. Abbotsford hospital emergency expansion. Langley memorial expansion. Peace arch hospital expansion. A daycare at ubc. New private school in Vancouver. I can’t see any of my projects being stopped so we are full steam ahead and our guys are off for 14 days if they get a sickness. I own a commercial glazing business so basically all the workers are within 6’ of each other. All the crew got half masks respirators. Usually $35 a mask, now for the special corona virus price of $59.99 at summit tools haha. We do what we can. The show goes on.
Guess all i can due is keep working for now , we have been deemed an essential service as we deliver commercial roofing to hospitals n such, lots of big Construction companies have followed suit and shut down here in Nanaimo and i have even herd of whole crews walking off the job.. scary times , i now have a puck style face mask respirator , hand sanitizers and couple boxes of laytex gloves .. just going to do everything i can to disinfect my crane daily. My employer said my only option is to use my sick days,vacation days or take a leave
Of absence..

Daughter sent me:

Attachments

• received_245688743276418.png
    received_245688743276418.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
I cant help but notice a very large and noticeable age demographic is refusing to change their life style and follow social distancing. This is the same group that has demanded everyone else make huge sacrifices in the name of "climate change"....

The first time they are asked to do something for society during an actual "emergency/crisis", &,,,,,, nope.

I was talking to a friend today (over the phone), & he made a comment that at first made me laugh. But then thinking more about it,,,I think he is right. Anyone want to guess how long it will take to blame the pandemic on "climate change"? You wait, they will find a way to do it.
Now you know how it feels....

The gravy train has arrived

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...fering-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-1.4869158

"Every Canadian who is losing income due to the pandemic is eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, which offers $2,000 per month for up to four months. Applications are expected to open in April. The government has said that applications will be able to be made through CRA MyAccount or My Service Canada Account or by calling a toll-free number that has not yet been announced."

The heroes of this "war" wear white smocks as armor and wield the blade of knowledge.
#protectyourpharmacist
BBC News - Anthony Fauci: The face of America's fight against coronavirus
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52027201

We need to focus on those doing the work that is going to get us through this. Everyone has a role to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back