Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I hear Yami's arent that reliable.

Aaaaand go!
I have heard good things about Honda’s from guys that bought the boats with them already on and figured they would run them for a bit and change them out then that bit turned into years of worry free running! Side note, I ran my last Yamaha F150 to 3400hrs and sold the boat with it running well. Excellent motor to the end.

Personally I’ve never understood this brand loyalty. Currently the vehicles at our house are Nissan, gm, chev, Ford and ram. They all work and they all require maintenance. My current boat has etec and Honda power but I’ve had yammi, Zuke, mercruizer and Bedford (ya, goggle that one). It all works. It’s all about maintenance and a bit about hours. If you need help with said maintenance then ya, that’s a factor. Otherwise..don’t sweat it. IMHO.

Personally I’ve never understood this brand loyalty. Currently the vehicles at our house are Nissan, gm, chev, Ford and ram. They all work and they all require maintenance. My current boat has etec and Honda power but I’ve had yammi, Zuke, mercruizer and Bedford (ya, goggle that one). It all works. It’s all about maintenance and a bit about hours. If you need help with said maintenance then ya, that’s a factor. Otherwise..don’t sweat it. IMHO.
I agree 100%. Wouldn't change my mind on a used boat but if I'm building my dream boat I'd be doing unbiased research on the latest offerings.

I have owned pretty much all the big name engines. I like to buy engines that have been in the market for a few years and are proven. I do prefer simply engines that are naturally aspirated I also like engines that have large oil capacity. I would say I prefer the new mercury four strokes like the 150 and the Suzuki engines have also been good. Honda’s are very good just a bit heavy and a lack of dealer support in Canada.

I have to wonder what the Coronavirus is going to do with the boat market? I have to think prices are going to drop

Here here brother
That being said podded would be awesome also, don’t have to worry about leg and motor as two separate units, but’s man it’s a process and a big bill. I know a former member with a podded 2359 and it’s sick. When my motors hours are up I might pod mine but not gonna rip out a working low hour motor to do so. Problem with the one listed might be lack of use, things don’t like to sit to long

Back