Chinook working group meeting tonight

wildmanyeah

Crew Member
Seen this posted of face book

Hello All:

We are having a Chinook working group meeting 7PM Tuesday Feb. 11/20 at the Valley Fish and Game club located at 6190 Mayo Rd. Lake Cowichan. The focus of the meeting will be on upper Fraser Chinook conservation measures in area 121, 20-1 and 20-2. The DFO Chief of stock assessment [Wilf Ludke] will be giving a presentation and will answer our questions on the subject. We will be discussing what we might consider to give us an opportunity on Chinook before July 15th. I know most of you fish Nitinat, Swiftsure bank and the coast line of area 20-1 and 20-2 so please find the time to attend. This is not an SFAC meeting as that will take place March Tuesday March 17th at which time we will address other concerns. Hope to see you all at the meeting. Please find the agenda attached.
Cheers
Bob G.

How does one go about getting on a mailing list for these meetings? I would have liked to attend.

No idea was just passing it alone. It was posted on hardcore salmon Facebook pAge.

Yes, it would have been nice to sit in. And it was in my area.
DFO didn't exactly publicize it, and I had not heard of the Hardcore Salmon group before.
Quick search on Facebook turned up two Hardcore Fishing pages, both in US and not related to BC fishing.

It would be nice to get some local fishing in Area 18 this year.
Last year we were shut down until July 31 (later than area 20, 21 which were opened July 15), and on August 1 area 18 was shut again, as it usually is, to 'protect' Cowichan returners.

There must be somebody who went who can give us an update ? Bob, did anyone keep minutes from the meeting? Should we ask W
ilf to give us an update?

One of my neighbors attended this meeting.... He spoke up at the meeting and provided evidence to show how the recent policies on Chinook management have no merit. He made the DFO folks looks really silly because when he challenged them on the merits of their decisions, each one of the DFO staff look at one another hoping one of them would speak up or have the answer. It was just silence.

The next morning early into the hours before sunrise, there was a large commotion and a number of guys broke down his door.. Put a bag on his face and wheeled him off in their van... Similar to the one the A Team used but it was all white in color. No one has heard from him since...... Same thing happened to my other neighbor down the street the last time he spoke up at a DFO townhall meeting.

One of my neighbors attended this meeting.... He spoke up at the meeting and provided evidence to show how the recent policies on Chinook management have no merit. He made the DFO folks looks really silly because when he challenged them on the merits of their decisions, each one of the DFO staff look at one another hoping one of them would speak up or have the answer. It was just silence.

The next morning early into the hours before sunrise, there was a large commotion and a number of guys broke down his door.. Put a bag on his face and wheeled him off in their van... Similar to the one the A Team used but it was all white in color. No one has heard from him since...... Same thing happened to my other neighbor down the street the last time he spoke up at a DFO townhall meeting.
Really?

Back