2020 Pender Bluffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the "sanctuary" will continue in 2020 starting in May. It will be announces soon.

beemer

Well,aint that great.... No SRKW in the inside waters last year until the second half of July and even then no confirmed sightings at Pender Bluffs and those jerks are going to put the ridiculous "sanctuary" back on May 1 !!! I suppose the equally ridiculous No Go Zone for all boat traffic,will be back ,which they didn't enforce and literally thousands of boats transited through all last Summer. I am getting sooooo sick of these political hacks that are destroying our fisheries and it's only a handful of law abiding local rec fishermen that are paying the price, for no reason. Glad we all completed the survey and will be totally ignored again!

Unfortunately the "sanctuary" will continue in 2020 starting in May. It will be announces soon.

beemer
Not sure where your getting that info? Can you fish for salmon at Pender bluffs today? Considering bring my lawyer the next fishing trip!

beemer
Did anyone really think it would ever go away! It’s political in that DFO has to hang someone out to dry and once again we win. Hard to think working within the system is any longer the answer.

Hello Beemer, Do you have a link to any hard copy that shows what areas are open now on the inside waters. I tried to dig through various DFO sites and finally gave up. :confused:. Thanks

Best to just phone them.
They are always very helpful and generally answer the phone.
Victoria office 250 363-3252

The point is it’s only open until you actually want to fish there (when the big fish are around in the summer) then October rolls around and it’s open again. Booooo!
Well that and even though they closed this area, the enviros claimed it essentially had no impact on the returns. So now all that’s left to justify the closure, is the theory that a 21’ boat running at a couple of kts on its kicker, drowns out the noise of loaded down commercial vessels traveling at a much higher speed through the area, thus making it impossible for the Orcas , that aren’t there, to feed. It’s all very scientific and practical Lol

Off the Bluff theme but are we on the last 15 day pulse for prawning in the Inlet? And is it open north of Wain for prawning?

aThanks!!!!!

Hello Beemer, Do you have a link to any hard copy that shows what areas are open now on the inside waters. I tried to dig through various DFO sites and finally gave up. :confused:. Thanks

Well that would be too simple for DFO! I like the FishingBC app for your phone . It is always current if you do the updates.

beemer

Pender Bluff will be closed again come May.... According to US coastguard/ Canadian RCMP that boarded our boat yesterday off Fairfax.

beemer
My observations from dealing with DFO since the early 90’s is once we lose out on a fishery we don’t get them back.

The cowichan closures are a good example of it. Despite being above escapement fr a number of years it still remains closed. It also remains closed even taking into the fact that the straight is under very tight restrictions as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back