2020 Chinook

I remember allot of promises from the Liberals about enhancement of salmon stocks. Huge announcements last summer after killing our recreational fishing and many businesses along with it. Its time for Trudeau to deliver to Western Canada. We need that money now. He wants to rebuild Ottawa’s relationship with the West, start here. Western alienation isn’t just a gas & oil issue, we’ve been ignored allot longer that the fossil fuel industry has been.

Don’t hold your breath...your getting nothing...truedope could care less about you.

I remember allot of promises from the Liberals about enhancement of salmon stocks. Huge announcements last summer after killing our recreational fishing and many businesses along with it. Its time for Trudeau to deliver to Western Canada. We need that money now. He wants to rebuild Ottawa’s relationship with the West, start here. Western alienation isn’t just a gas & oil issue, we’ve been ignored allot longer that the fossil fuel industry has been.

You also have to ask yourself wheres your provincial government in all this, pretty quiet as far as I can see. You have the odd MLA on the island squawking once and a while but my goodness they are quiet. In Alberta we have a Premier that is making huge waves banging every door down and stepping on just about every toe out there standing up for his people and their industry. Where is your Premier in all this, hiding behind some green movement bull **** adding no voice to this problem. This is not a small issue to BC, this is a staple to your economy, hundreds of thousands of livelihoods depend on this industry where is their voice on this. It’s freighting how quite they are on it. They are more worried about a couple dying whales than they are about their own people. They are more concerned about appeasing a few thousands non tax paying, non contributing members of your province than those that pay the taxes that afford the place to operate.

You also have to ask yourself wheres your provincial government in all this, pretty quiet as far as I can see. You have the odd MLA on the island squawking once and a while but my goodness they are quiet. In Alberta we have a Premier that is making huge waves banging every door down and stepping on just about every toe out there standing up for his people and their industry. Where is your Premier in all this, hiding behind some green movement bull **** adding no voice to this problem. This is not a small issue to BC, this is a staple to your economy, hundreds of thousands of livelihoods depend on this industry where is their voice on this. It’s freighting how quite they are on it. They are more worried about a couple dying whales than they are about their own people. They are more concerned about appeasing a few thousands non tax paying, non contributing members of your province than those that pay the taxes that afford the place to operate.
You actually have a Premier, all we got is a Turdeau lacky, puppet, may as well be Fed Lib who stole his command.

HM

Based on everything I have read so far I would say there is a very good chance will see inside fisheries from area 13 to 29 restricted more and a very small chance that WCVI see a bit better regulations. Harrison chinook did not do well this year and are still trending down.

I also think there will be a lot of pressure to restrict us more. Our total catch of chinook and coho was still decent compared to previous years. I think this will result and figure pointing towards us.

This is just a gut feeling not based on any official information.

Last edited:
Only point I’ll question is our catch not going down. In arwa 12 Chinook catch went down drastically according to dfo data (the other areas at the sfac meeting showed the same data). Even halibut went down. I think it’s obvious when people can’t catch salmon they don’t go out at all. They don’t target other species more, they just don’t go out.

Ty for this, do you have a link to your data?

I kinda figured area 29 would be up compared to previous years because of our once in a lifetime August fishing .

Hopefully we don’t get punished more. I also think a lot of people stayed close to Vancouver because fishing was so good and also take more time off in August due to the early season being cancelled.

Guesstimates...

108,475 Retained

194,099 Released (times a reasonably low hooking mortality rate of 5 %: 9,705)

Total Guessed Impact: 118,180.

Am I actually reading that right for last season?

Wondering...
Nog

Total numbers caught in 2019 are down 1/2 from 2017 and by 2/3 from 2018. And 2018 down from 2017 (in sfac meetings dfo told us the opposite....maybe that was SOG only). Seems like dfos intent worked

The 2019 numbers above don’t include all areas. I don't no where CE got that document, I have not seen it before but according to the post it only includes "fraser river approach areas".

The document I have seen does not break the rec area down by catch but it does give a total. It puts our total catch at about the same as 2018. It's also incomplete so the data has not been finalized for all areas and sectors.

upload_2020-1-31_13-36-23.png

The 2019 numbers above don’t include all areas. I don't no where CE got that document, I have not seen it before but according to the post it only includes "fraser river approach areas".

The document I have seen does not break the rec area down by catch but it does give a total. It puts our total catch at about the same as 2018. It's also incomplete so the data has not been finalized for all areas and sectors.

View attachment 50503

ah touché. With that being said fishing was on fire, best fishing in years especially south island.

ah touché. With that being said fishing was on fire, best fishing in years especially south island.

Yeah unfortunately i don't think that will stop from fingers being pointed in our direction comes time for advice for the 2020 IFMP.

2019 was a really good year I don’t think this year will be the same and I bet our catch will be a fraction of last years At lest in the Vancouver area.

Back