Commander 26 Refit

250 731 4679 is his number . The one thing I would change is I would have the pod built so the engines sat a few inches further back from the transom. The top half of the Commander transom steps over towards the outboards and because of this I can’t quite tilt the engines all the way out of the water. Other than that I probably wouldn’t change anything. If you ever want to come take a peek or go for a burn let me know. The boat is sitting in the water in alberni .
Thanks again for all the great info i’d love to go for a burn sometime i’m headed up north to work for a few weeks but will be back around the middle of may maybe that will work for you too is there a contact number you can be reached at ?
cheers
rob

Love the outboard re-power nice job! That was my plan when I was searching for an older Commander 26, but that went out the window when I found mine 3 years ago, already re-powered with a fresh Volvo D4 260. Only drawback to that is having the drive in the water year round, but it only burns 5 - 6 gph (depending on sea state & load) at 2,900 RPM which gives me a 25 mph cruise. Full re-fit since then (windows, door, electrical, fridge, wall covering, wipers, batteries, larger tabs, etc...) - I love this boat.

Love the outboard re-power nice job! That was my plan when I was searching for an older Commander 26, but that went out the window when I found mine 3 years ago, already re-powered with a fresh Volvo D4 260. Only drawback to that is having the drive in the water year round, but it only burns 5 - 6 gph (depending on sea state & load) at 2,900 RPM which gives me a 25 mph cruise. Full re-fit since then (windows, door, electrical, fridge, wall covering, wipers, batteries, larger tabs, etc...) - I love this boat.
Who did your windows and what exactly did you have done?

Who did your windows and what exactly did you have done?

Likely ajr windows on poco. I have been speaking with them about one of their windshield / hardtop combos but unfortunately it won't work out as the deck structure on our boat is way too curved, they aren't tooled up for curved frames. The search continues...

Snap a few pictures of the inside of you don’t mind. I’d be curious to see the changes you’ve made.

Ya, it was AJR. I was hoping to reuse the old glass and just re-bed with new frames to stop the leaks, but ultimately had to replace all glass. Labour intensive and expensive, but they did such a nice job that I also had them do an aluminum door to replace the original wooden one. I'll look for a few photos.

Sorry, not as many of the interior & windows as I thought I had, I'll take a few more on the weekend.

Attachments

• Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Deadbolt.jpg
    Deadbolt.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 212
  • New Starter Battery.jpg
    New Starter Battery.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Refinished Floor.jpg
    Refinished Floor.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 222
I have the same boat, twin 165’s. bought it in December and have been personalizing it to suit our needs. I won’t be repowering anytime soon. I seen that boat at fisherman’s, looks sweet. I’ll be keeping mine there this summer as well. How do you find it there as berthing is first come first serve?

I have the same boat, twin 165’s. bought it in December and have been personalizing it to suit our needs. I won’t be repowering anytime soon. I seen that boat at fisherman’s, looks sweet. I’ll be keeping mine there this summer as well. How do you find it there as berthing is first come first serve?
I haven’t had any issues so far. A couple of times I have come back after the weekend and had a hard time finding somewhere to park but usually it’s not a problem. Worst case you just have a longer walk. I haven’t had to raft up or anything like that.

Nice looken boat, great choice on motors...

A few more:

Attachments

• New Fridge.jpg
    New Fridge.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 178
  • New Power System & Bus Heater.jpg
    New Power System & Bus Heater.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 181
  • New Wall Covering.jpg
    New Wall Covering.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 183
These commands must be a heavy boat all dressed up :)

Hey, I was thinking on twin 150 or 175 Sukz for the 26' Hourston, did you come across any deals on this HP range?

Hey, I was thinking on twin 150 or 175 Sukz for the 26' Hourston, did you come across any deals on this HP range?
I haven’t weighed my boat but I would guess close to 10k lbs. The best price I could find on engines was from sg power in victoria. They beat beakers by about 4K per engine. It was roughly 15k per engine plus controls for 200s.

Thank you so much, very nice looking boat, Commanders are very able vessels...!

Back