Peetz

Reel_Crazy

Looking to add to my collection of peetz items. Anything to do with the company is what I’m looking for. Reels, bells, lures, harpoons, rods etc

please email me if you have anything. Willing to pay a fair price and also willing to trade.

thank you

Here are a few photos of the Peetz reel I have. It has fresh line on it but never been used ... just stored in the Cuddy as a spare many years ago.
Here’s a few photos of the reel I have. Never been used but I did keep it as a spare in the cuddy for a while many years ago.
Cheers,
Mark9F052D0C-220E-4742-8E21-B22A8A9845BB.jpeg

Attachments

• B5846D49-8FD5-4B0D-90DC-0088068B449C.jpeg
    B5846D49-8FD5-4B0D-90DC-0088068B449C.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 32
I know! :)
The clicker is nice and loud for sure. And it looks kinda cool haha. Compare it to the almost silent drag sound of the Trophy’s which I find annoying ... line can be peeling out and you can barely hear it on those. Guess I just got used to the newer drag systems overall - being able to adjust the drag without impacting the retrieve. And now I have so much gear, I’m trying to part with some of it to “streamline”

I know! :)
Guess I just got used to the newer drag systems overall - being able to adjust the drag without impacting the retrieve.
The newer Peetz have this. But the old school ones without made it more exciting having to adjust the drag on the fly, bustin' a knuckle in the process.

The newer Peetz have this. But the old school ones without made it more exciting having to adjust the drag on the fly, bustin' a knuckle in the process.

In the ancient times, I played my share of nice Chinook on the old style Peetz without the one way drag and with the very small range of drag adjustment. It did take some experience with them to learn their idiosyncrasies.

Last edited:
This thread has given me major motivation to pull my peetz (lol) out of the cuddy and spool it up. I have 2 in fact, one from the 70s with the wingnuts and one that was a gift in 2016.

Bet they show those flashy gold metal things a thing or two!

This thread has given me major motivation to pull my peetz (lol) out of the cuddy and spool it up. I have 2 in fact, one from the 70s with the wingnuts and one that was a gift in 2016.

Bet they show those flashy gold metal things a thing or two!
You totally should! Can’t beat the feeling

I have couples of peetz reels for sale.
I have 5" reels and 6" reels. They are good in conditions.

Just stopped by the Peetz store on Rock Bay Ave in Victoria for the first time yesterday and was treated to the sight of the first Peetz lure I ever bought back in the 80's-it was deadly inshore in Central America.

Back