Shockwave S5’s reviews

I have 2 S5 bases on my boat. I didn’t buck up for the seats because I think there is better options. Even with half decent seats the bases are a game changer. This is the first summer in the last 5 or so that I didn’t have back pain at some point and laid up for a few days. I certainly didn’t hear any complaints from the copilot either...lol. Nothing cheap about boats as you know but I say they are worth it.

I have 2 S5 bases on my boat. I didn’t buck up for the seats because I think there is better options. Even with half decent seats the bases are a game changer. This is the first summer in the last 5 or so that I didn’t have back pain at some point and laid up for a few days. I certainly didn’t hear any complaints from the copilot either...lol. Nothing cheap about boats as you know but I say they are worth it.
What option did you pick for the seats?

The builder picked them and they wouldn’t of been my first pick. After saying that I’m not in a rush to upgrade them since they were better than I thought. They are Tempress Navi style seats. I was leaning towards the Tempress High Back Elites. They are similar seats just with the arm rests.

After suffering a blown disc, I bought an S5 last year. Definitely a game changer. Being a cheap old ******* I only bought the one & bolted the old moulded plastic seat on. Even with the minimal cushioning on the old seat I can cruise through heavy chop without spending the next six months getting physio. Worth every penny.
Without the S5 even light chop would flare up my sciatica.
I bought mine at the boat show last year. $300.00 off the suggested list price.

I'm putting a pair Shock waves and there seats in for the 2020 season. A buddy of mine put a pair in his Grady 232 & loves them. My original Grady seats have 23 years on them and it 's time.... looking forward to putting them thru there paces... :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I’m doing a complete refit on my Grady 208. From the gas tank to wiring to power to electronics plus an aluminum cab, well everything as I bought basically a good hull with an old two smoke on it. It’s adding up.......
At the same time I don’t want to cheap out as I’m planning on this boat for ten years or more. I’ll get the S5’s with the Corbin seats. I’m looking at some S2’s fold down seats to mount in the cabin for the kids

Check the new line of Tempress called Probax. They look extra comfy and have some cool colours in the limited edition line. I’m getting a couple soon @ $300 each. I was going to go sit in one today to test it out but in Victoria a foot of snow shuts everything down. No fancy bases for me unfortunately, but I have ridden in a boat with the shockwaves and they seem pretty awesome

Last edited:
Check the new line of Tempress called Probax. They look extra comfy and have some cool colours in the limited edition line. I’m getting a couple soon @ $300 each. I was going to go sit in one today to test it out but in Victoria a foot of snow shuts everything down. No fancy bases for me unfortunately, but I have ridden in a boat with the shockwaves and they seem pretty awesome
Where has the tempress seats? I’ve sat in a Corbin. They’re sweet. But they better be for the price

Lots of places! I’m going to Trotac. They have a few in stock and you can order your favourite colour combo if you find them comfy.

Where has the tempress seats? I’ve sat in a Corbin. They’re sweet. But they better be for the price

I made the mistake and sat in the Corbin not once but twice and that was it for me :) My friend uses the tempress i believe he happy with them but if could he would have gone with the Corbin .. so i think u need to ask yourself..How many days are u in that seat? 60 plus days for me so it Corbin all the way :)

I made the mistake and sat in the Corbin not once but twice and that was it for me :) My friend uses the tempress i believe he happy with them but if could he would have gone with the Corbin .. so i think u need to ask yourself..How many days are u in that seat? 60 plus days for me so it Corbin all the way :)
I plan on using the boat a lot. I’m building houses on Sidney Island and will be mooring or possibly in a boathouse so as to use it more. I also have the back of a carpenter, 25 years in! I want to protect what I got left!! Days off cost me a lot. I’ll do some sitting in the tempress and the Corbin again. 1 day off costs me the difference in price though. I think I may just have to buck up.

Thanks guys. I’m doing a complete refit on my Grady 208. From the gas tank to wiring to power to electronics plus an aluminum cab, well everything as I bought basically a good hull with an old two smoke on it. It’s adding up.......
At the same time I don’t want to cheap out as I’m planning on this boat for ten years or more. I’ll get the S5’s with the Corbin seats. I’m looking at some S2’s fold down seats to mount in the cabin for the kids

Don't cheap out, I don't want to be alone in this build...LOL

I guess there’s no rule that you can’t treat yourself to a pricy seat in a boat that’s not worth 6 figures too... I may try out the Corbin myself.

I guess there’s no rule that you can’t treat yourself to a pricy seat in a boat that’s not worth 6 figures too... I may try out the Corbin myself.
Yup. It’s funny though. My buddy has a 30’ Northwest and he won’t drop the cash on an S5. And his boats 150k!

Last boat show I got mine for $999. No swivel. I just cut my pedestal tube down & used the old swivel & slide.

Back