Favourite Fishing Accommodations for WCVI?

SaltyAlice

My New Years resolution, as I suspect may be many others, is to get some solid fishing in for 2020.

I am keen to try new places over the summer so wanted to know what everyone's favourite fishing accommodations are on the west coast of Vancouver Island. My preference is usually to find somewhere set up for fishing, with a dock I can tie up at and a cleaning station/freezer set up.

From Port Renfrew to Cape Scott, where are your favourite spots to stay and fish during the summer?

My New Years resolution, as I suspect may be many others, is to get some solid fishing in for 2020.

I am keen to try new places over the summer so wanted to know what everyone's favourite fishing accommodations are on the west coast of Vancouver Island. My preference is usually to find somewhere set up for fishing, with a dock I can tie up at and a cleaning station/freezer set up.

From Port Renfrew to Cape Scott, where are your favourite spots to stay and fish during the summer?
I personally like Bamfield but I live in Alberni so I’m biased. Lots of good spots inside and offshore if the weather is good. If I wasn’t from the area I’d rent a house in west bamfield with a dock for a week or two every summer. There is a restaurant in bamfield, fuel, a mechanic , a store etc.

Certainly not arguing any of the Bamfield locations but really if you want to fish Bamfield why not just stay in Ucluelet and fish Bamfield if you want it’s only a 30 min run over really, less to some of the same fishing spots. The road into Ukee is far better and the town has a whole heck of a lot more to offer. Just my thoughts.

Certainly not arguing any of the Bamfield locations but really if you want to fish Bamfield why not just stay in Ucluelet and fish Bamfield if you want it’s only a 30 min run over really, less to some of the same fishing spots. The road into Ukee is far better and the town has a whole heck of a lot more to offer. Just my thoughts.
Sometimes less is more!

I personally like Bamfield but I live in Alberni so I’m biased. Lots of good spots inside and offshore if the weather is good. If I wasn’t from the area I’d rent a house in west bamfield with a dock for a week or two every summer. There is a restaurant in bamfield, fuel, a mechanic , a store etc.
Where’s the restaurant in Bamfield?
Only place I came across was what was known as the bistro but that closed.

Where’s the restaurant in Bamfield?
Only place I came across was what was known as the bistro but that closed.

east side has the motel/pub and a rstaurant beside the store. , west side will soon have the bamfield inn up and running. bamfield mercantile does all kinds of food for a general store. (Chinese, pizza, wraps, salads etc)

What are going to be the restrictions for the WCVI this year? IS all of july going to be open? when should i book for some big bank fishing?

What are going to be the restrictions for the WCVI this year? IS all of july going to be open? when should i book for some big bank fishing?

Doubt anyway can answer this question. With all the doom and gloom reported by the CBC this week I’m guessing last years regs at best. Probably worse.

I am a lite sleeper ,so anywhere my fishing parters is not snorring ,farting ,getting up for a pee. Seat of the truck ,tent away from others,or just say up all night.Its my problem not theres to solve.If in a situation I can't sleep because of the disturbance of my fishing partners ,usually take there stinky socks from there boots and throw them towards there head and leave.

Back