25 Bertam vs 26 Hourston

Which would you choose?

• Hourston

• Bertram

Results are only viewable after voting.

EZZ70

So, not sure if the question has been asked, but which would you choose? why?

What are some of the pro's and con's for each vessel?

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 128
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 132
I would say a pro for Hourston is that it's a 8'6" beam makes it trailer friendly...

Although the 9'8" beam on the Bertram boasts more deck space and stable platform...

Been on 31 and 34 Bertram’s, not the 25. Fantastic boats with twin diesels.

That said I love my 26 Hourston and will be sad the day I sell it

Been on 31 and 34 Bertram’s, not the 25. Fantastic boats with twin diesels.

That said I love my 26 Hourston and will be sad the day I sell it

I'm in the exact same position. I often think about a different rig then I go look around and that ends the conversation inside my head pretty fast. If I had more time then perhaps a 31 Bertram would sway me over but that's not happening any time soon.

Also I have had people in marinas come up and tell me what a nice restoration we did on our bertram. So i think there are a lot of similarities in design, to the eye anyway

Last edited:
Lol just build the boat you want all these questions even though I read all the comments and enjoy the build threads are all going to end in a 50/50 draw or fairly close I like betrams and i like Hourstons
I drive a wellcraft and love it it rides amazing and is an awesome boat
The big question is what do you like

Last edited:
Both great boats with similar lines. Personally I think the Hourston has better lines, also like the cabin instead of open.

Lol just build the boat you want all these questions even though I read all the comments and enjoy the build threads are all going to end in a 50/50 draw or fairly close I like betrams and i like Hourstons
I drive a wellcraft and love it it rides amazing and is an awesome boat
The big question is what do you like

Personally, I am with Hourston, although arguments can be made for either. Just thought it would be interesting as both have similarities in the respective vintage. :D

Gotta love the classic Bertram design. I’ve seen many of them in Florida over the years when I was lucky enough to spend some time down there. Nothing like a beamy boat to fish out of. However, the Houston would be a drier boat when on plane.
My 2 cents
Stosh

Last edited:
Never been on a Bertram. I'll trade a ride in the spring with a 26 Hourston Sportfisher, stock i/o.

For me it would be the boat that can sit on a trailer during the off season and be launced easily when needed. I know many guys with permenantly moored boats who wish they could reduce their annual costs by having the boat on a trailer in the driveway over the winter. This reason alone is why many bigger boats go up for sale.

For me it would be the boat that can sit on a trailer during the off season and be launced easily when needed. I know many guys with permenantly moored boats who wish they could reduce their annual costs by having the boat on a trailer in the driveway over the winter. This reason alone is why many bigger boats go up for sale.

Aye, yes trailering and not have the expense of moorage is important to me!

I looked today Campbell river was about $250/month off season and about $550 high season.. My new place is about 10 minutes from Big rock and 2 minutes from discovery. Free public launch wins!

My 60 trips to the boat per year would quickly turn to 20 if I had to launch every time. Not to mention the cost of owning, maintaining and storing the trailer if I had one. The net cost difference is well worth it for me. Made the decision to go with essentially a non-trailerable boat even easier. My opinion anyways.

That's the difference living in the big ****** as opposed to smaller town on the big island.
We all make our choices and hopefully make the best of it.
Amen. To be honest if I didn't have a boat moored downtown I wouldn't be here at all. Well besides all the grandparents and aunts and uncles for the kiddo. I get why people don't want to be here but this has always been home for me. Sucks that it's becoming a bigger and bigger ******. I'll join you guys when my kid turns 18 and I'm retired :)... if you'll have me of course. I promise I'm only slightly more annoying in person.

I looked today Campbell river was about $250/month off season and about $550 high season.. My new place is about 10 minutes from Big rock and 2 minutes from discovery. Free public launch wins!

What kind of boat do you have? i have a DE 185 and i won’t launch at Big Rock in less than 5’ of tide. i HATE discovery but it is what it is in CR. pretty much two choices in the Salmon Capital is just pathetic.

In some marinas such as in Tofino, where moorage is at a premium you have to pay for the whole year to keep your spot. Makes it easier to just leave it in the water

In some marinas such as in Tofino, where moorage is at a premium you have to pay for the whole year to keep your spot. Makes it easier to just leave it in the water
Spots like mine at my Marina can be a 5 year wait so you're kind of forced to keep it. At $4500 or so a year for my 32 LOA I think it's pretty reasonable. I'd pay half that to keep it on a trailer somewhere. Plus I get two parking passes for downtown, those are worth what like a 100k each? lol

Spots like mine at my Marina can be a 5 year wait so you're kind of forced to keep it. At $4500 or so a year for my 32 LOA I think it's pretty reasonable. I'd pay half that to keep it on a trailer somewhere. Plus I get two parking passes for downtown, those are worth what like a 100k each? lol
That’s a decent rate. Tofino Resort charged the same for a 30 ft finger

Back