2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished yesterday. Hit Tunstall 4 unders. Hit waterfall big strike broke line. Trolled from bell to last mile maker hit 2 more. 1 was a keeper bit spat the hooch as the net was coming to scoop it up. Hoochie won over spoons yesterday.
What time at the Bell?

Fished yesterday. Hit Tunstall 4 unders. Hit waterfall big strike broke line. Trolled from bell to last mile maker hit 2 more. 1 was a keeper bit spat the hooch as the net was coming to scoop it up. Hoochie won over spoons yesterday.
what kind of hootchie was working for you?

What depth should i look at fishing if I am going between Bell and mile markers? Guessing the 140-160 range?

9e6ed4a6-86b4-4aab-adaa-8c63fa39a716

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-6_10-42-39.png
    upload_2019-12-6_10-42-39.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Was up in Squamish this morning stopped at Porteu Cove one guy in a small aluminum probably an 18-footer heading out pretty chippy out there you guys be safe.

What depth should i look at fishing if I am going between Bell and mile markers? Guessing the 140-160 range?

9e6ed4a6-86b4-4aab-adaa-8c63fa39a716
100-180’ for me, any deeper and it takes my Scotty 1106’s 5 minutes to bring up my 20# balls. :p Troll quick and keep moving around until you find the bait, then try and stay on it. Nothing shaking? Keep on keeping on.

Also, if your marking bait mid water column don’t be afraid to bring them up out the mud. Have had some success in the past getting them well off bottom in the winter.

100-180’ for me, any deeper and it takes my Scotty 1106’s 5 minutes to bring up my 20# balls. :p Troll quick and keep moving around until you find the bait, then try and stay on it. Nothing shaking? Keep on keeping on.

Also, if your marking bait mid water column don’t be afraid to bring them up out the mud. Have had some success in the past getting them well off bottom in the winter.
You got some big balls eh

Went out today for a few hours. Tried between first and second marker behind Bowen. Fished 3 rods 200, 150,130 spoons and hoochies. No luck for us but the only other boat out there with us was into at least 3 that we saw. Don’t know if any were keepers. Water was great, didn’t see much bait.

Out yesterday - Grace and waterfall. Skunkeroo! got checked by DFO for the first time. Nice to see them out.
I’ve never been checked by them locally. Seems weird they’re out in the dead of winter checking but I didn’t see them out at all during the sandheads/north arm bonanza. Maybe we’re just on different shifts though? ;) Planning on heading up the sound Sunday wx permitting. Will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back