Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Seriously there on the same level as breakwater..... google them and checkout the reviews;)

Heard the same thing from more than one person. If it’s a really good deal and your friend has the funds and or his own financing, might be worth it. Just be careful.

Oly

Heard the same thing from more than one person. If it’s a really good deal and your friend has the funds and or his own financing, might be worth it. Just be careful.

Oly
I guess that's more what I'm asking. How's the price and quality of the boat?

I’ve fished in it with him many times. He has spent over $30k on it in the last year. Everything is new and legit.

at some point though. one would have to apply the law of diminishing return.
Sure. 25% in one year since overhaul and new power. And.....it’s an asking price......I just think stating a value of 50% of investment based on the size of boat is off. It may be the perfect boat for someone.... not me. But I fished out of a 17’ hourston for years. Great little platform. Until it sank at the dock cause my buddy had a cheap plug in it that rotted out!

Sure. 25% in one year since overhaul and new power. And.....it’s an asking price......I just think stating a value of 50% of investment based on the size of boat is off. It may be the perfect boat for someone.... not me. But I fished out of a 17’ hourston for years. Great little platform. Until it sank at the dock cause my buddy had a cheap plug in it that rotted out!

I'm not referring to depreciation though, the law of diminishing returns is where you stop putting money into something that you will never get it back out of. I know this shouldn't apply to boats at all as they are not investments per se, but with all due respect to the owner of the boat in question, I don't think putting 40K in to that particular hull is something most of us would do for the aforementioned reason.

I'm not referring to depreciation though, the law of diminishing returns is where you stop putting money into something that you will never get it back out of. I know this shouldn't apply to boats at all as they are not investments per se, but with all due respect to the owner of the boat in question, I don't think putting 40K in to that particular hull is something most of us would do for the aforementioned reason.
Whoever thinks hes getting a good return on investment on a boat needs to give his head a shake lol, all it is expensive hobby

Back