Sadly Missed but Time Waits for No One!!

spring fever

fishing 2007 052.jpg Nootka3.jpg DSC01178.JPG
After 20 years of wonderful adventures in every area of the West coast Spring Fever II was adopted to a new owner who I'm sure will have as much fun with her as I did. The times will never be forgotten!! Available to crew- on a share basis . Thanks

Is the saying true the 2 happiest days of owning a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it :)
In my case only partially true the buying was super as it was more boat than I ever dreamed of and it took me to places everyone who fishes wishes to go. The selling not so much because for me it signalled a way of life if not over was at least curtailed. I'm happy it went to a young guy on here who will discover the west coast the way I did. Time for me to get a day boat and discover again the fun of fishing comox/campbell river---if we are able to!LOL

I know the feeling ,at 67 I'm probably not that far from selling my last boat,I'm not there yet though.Filling my time will be hard when it do's happen,not so much just the fishing time,but the countless hours I spend upgrading,cleaning,polishing,rigging gear,etc..My bank account should improve alot on the up side though.

Mike

Sad to see it go as the west coast is a special place to fish and your boat was a great platform to fish from. Nothing like a morning bite in Grants Bay or someplace on the outside in shallow water eh?

You will make the adjustment to a smaller boat. Time to fish in calmer waters.

We will miss your reports but I hope you find a boat that suits your needs. You still Baja bound?
T2

Good luck with the new boat SF.

Sorry to get a little off topic but I noticed you had rollers under her. Was there ever any issue or did you ever worry about the support you got with the rollers. I ask because my 264 Wellcraft is sitting on rollers and it concerns me some. I am a pretty mechanicaly inclined person and understand supports and pressure points and the such and I feel the set up it’s on is sufficient and I see no obvious issues with the hull as of yet. But I can’t help but feel somewhat apprehensive on my set up do to the fact I am towing it a lot and on long hauls. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I think pressure points really depend on the roads travelled walleyes. I have had the same observations over the years but if the roads you travel aren't too washboard then I don't think its a problem. I used to worry about my 185 DE with roller/bunk trailer, also you both have (had) larger boats that have a lot more structure to support the load. I personally think boats to 21 or 22' that are reasonable heavy (trophy) but are mass produced have more of an issue with rollers over bunks.

Darin

Good luck with the new boat SF.

Sorry to get a little off topic but I noticed you had rollers under her. Was there ever any issue or did you ever worry about the support you got with the rollers. I ask because my 264 Wellcraft is sitting on rollers and it concerns me some. I am a pretty mechanicaly inclined person and understand supports and pressure points and the such and I feel the set up it’s on is sufficient and I see no obvious issues with the hull as of yet. But I can’t help but feel somewhat apprehensive on my set up do to the fact I am towing it a lot and on long hauls. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
The Orca's are incredibly strong and when I got her she was all rollers but because of the weights I carried and distances travelled-ie. Winter Harbour' nootka , Tahsis I converted the rear to bunks with UHMV. Same concerns as you and I think you are wise to think on it!

Thank you for your input Gentlemen.

Had a roller split many years ago going into Nitnat tough road and it ate a hole in the bottom of the boat. Rollers for launching are a dream bunks you have to put your trailer in a bit deeper.

Had a roller split many years ago going into Nitnat tough road and it ate a hole in the bottom of the boat. Rollers for launching are a dream bunks you have to put your trailer in a bit deeper.
That's kinda what precipitated my change over--I had a lot of rollers that had split a bit-the cost was huge so I opted to put the heavy rear half on bunks and high grade the rollers

Back