Gas prices up again

Love how every one is trying to explain the whys, science and how's. Only common denominator I see for BC history is Horgan. How many times before Horgan has Van and Vic's gas been highest in NA????

HM

Keystone XL (one of the main export lines out of Alberta) is down.

Shortage of export capacity so prices are down.

Sound familiar?!?

Just saw a story on BNN of the many happy drivers rejoicing at the lower prices.

But we don’t want more pipeline capacity.

Love how every one is trying to explain the whys, science and how's. Only common denominator I see for BC history is Horgan. How many times before Horgan has Van and Vic's gas been highest in NA????

HM

I'm going to guess almost always, but here is a 10 year chart.
Screenshot (19).png 1.209/l in Lake Country, BC.

Why is diesel up right now after the drop in gas prices?

I filled up at $1.52 today for diesel. It’s supposed to be a by product of gas right?

Dessel always go up in the winter because it competes with heating oil.

Well not always it depends lol

I'm going to guess almost always, but here is a 10 year chart.
View attachment 48927 1.209/l in Lake Country, BC.
Thanks Tubber

That really shows/proves that Horgan has had an impact.. A NEGATIVE one. Looks like BC gas prices rose more about the same time he took suppliers to court??? If we were to waste precious time in life some one could probably correlate an "unexplained" increase each time he tells the world about how BCers don't want planet killing gas.
Now why is Van/Vic higher than all other NA places??? I think I know why?? Same reason. Who thinks our gas price would be this high if a pipeline was on schedule and still owned by investors??

HM

Thanks Tubber

That really shows/proves that Horgan has had an impact.. A NEGATIVE one. Looks like BC gas prices rose more about the same time he took suppliers to court??? If we were to waste precious time in life some one could probably correlate an "unexplained" increase each time he tells the world about how BCers don't want planet killing gas.
Now why is Van/Vic higher than all other NA places??? I think I know why?? Same reason. Who thinks our gas price would be this high if a pipeline was on schedule and still owned by investors??

HM
I'm not a fan of Horgan, but based on the chart the gas prices in Vancouver started to deviate from the rest of Canada in 2015. Horgan did not get elected until 2017. So from the information presented, Horgan is not the problem.

I'm not a fan of Horgan, but based on the chart the gas prices in Vancouver started to deviate from the rest of Canada in 2015. Horgan did not get elected until 2017. So from the information presented, Horgan is not the problem.
Are we looking at same chart above? Lines look relatively close with a few $1 differential spikes and "normal" around .50c difference until 2017, after 2017 one could deduce that $1.50 difference became the new Horgan norm. A quick view to me shows substantially "normal" greater distance between red and blue lines after 2017??? Wonder if the huge spike differences after 2017 corelate to our Premiers announcements???? Wish chart was in price per ltr. You can still believe its something else. My wallet proves different as soon as I enter Van/Vic.

HM

On Sunday, dozens of protesters in Squamish marched to a local gas station where prices have hovered consistently between $1.45 and $1.50 per litre.

We think, basically, we’re being cheated,” Christopher DiCorrado said. “We think we may be paying a tourist tax or something like that, because the gas prices in Squamish are almost always more expensive than Vancouver.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/6152163/sunshine-coast-gas-prices/

All I can say is if corporations decide to rise and lower the prices of essential commodities like gasoline based upon the fact that they do, or do not like the current govt in power then this is TOTAL BULLSH!T!

What has happened to our democracy? What has happened to the free market economy??? If corporations decide the price of good and not the free market then so much for capitalism working anymore!

Pretty damn scary if true!!!

Last edited:
Obviously not true or there would be a low amount of fuel use and sales.

Back to the point do we have a free market capitalist economy in the energy sector, or one controlled by large corporations?

Last edited:
Alright everyone has stopped complaining now that gas dropped by $0.20-0.30. So I’ll start the complaint section. Why the hell did diesel go up? Do we just cycle back and forth between the two fuel types to rip off only one group at a time???

Alright everyone has stopped complaining now that gas dropped by $0.20-0.30. So I’ll start the complaint section. Why the hell did diesel go up? Do we just cycle back and forth between the two fuel types to rip off only one group at a time???

Less people mad at the big CORPS at one time. They take turns pissing people off then one group forgives them and they move onto the other group that forgave them last month. LOL

Oly

Well, in the last two weeks, gas has only gone down $0.07 here in Nanaimo to $1.39/L... guess people are complacent with that new norm?

Well, in the last two weeks, gas has only gone down $0.07 here in Nanaimo to $1.39/L... guess people are complacent with that new norm?
Well it’s 135.9 where I gas up and 1.31.9 in Ladysmith but it’s still way too high

$1.22.9 at Costco in Courtenay. $1.54.9 at a station in Powell river......Totally nuts.

$1.29 for gas in poco. $1.49 for diesel. Doesn’t make any sense for diesel to go up.

Back