A message from the Sport Fishing Institute. Everyone please read

I think a lot of what the Liberals will do to our fishery depends on the type of political pressure they get from ENGO's and First Nations.

If ENGO's decide to push SRKW stuff hard we could see different measures taken. If First Nations ask for more restrictions or more fish to get passed to them we could see more restrictions.

There is a lot of other things brewing as well that if ENGO's like the raincoast push for harsher measures it could be worse.

Both groups seem to have the ear of the current Liberal government.

Coming from Alberta...... I have to say I am very impressed with the message of this video... I feel like most of us could not understand why BC was against Conservative votes. It felt like BC wanted to shoot themselves in the foot...... Very well done video. Refreshing... thanks!

I agree with most of this and yes, Wilkinson needs the boot. But Conservatives are unelectable. An oil tanker stuffed westcoast and a collapsing climate is not helping salmon nor BC fishermen.

If we went carbon neutral tomorrow, The climate would not even start to feel the effects of the reduced carbon output for 40 to 50 years. China has stated they will reduce their carbon output but not make huge changes till 2030. Climate change is going to affect to effect our salmon for the next 80 years +

Yes we need to do something about it but the fact is we won't be alive to see the planet cool. In fact the planet is never going to cool back to the way it was we are only aiming to stablize it at some higher tempture then it is now. The is the sad reality of climate change. http://theconversation.com/if-we-st...-right-now-would-we-stop-climate-change-78882

The Blob is only going to get worse in our lifetime. That is what climate science is telling us.

This province is full of people who luv the Green Party or NDP. The shift is further left each year. Universities are no longer places where critical thinking and freedom of speech occur. Even high schools are full of far left teachers who push their values on young minds who have no world experience. If you don’t agree with Greta you’re stupid, if you don’t agree with Liberal/NDP/Green immigration policy you’re a racist. You can’t speak out against left wing policy. You’re labelled. And not in a good way.

I can’t vote NDP when Jagmeet says he doesn’t respect Conservatives or their values. I thought he was supposed to rep all Canadians? Guess not. And Liz May, not going to ever vote for someone who idolized a murdering terrorist (Omar Khadr). JT, there’s not enough space here to tell you everything that’s wrong with him. There’s a lot there, but threatening to take my guns, that did it for me. If we end up with a Liberal/NDP coalition, we’re f*cked.

People no longer sympathize with causes that aren’t global in nature. They don’t give a **** about a few local fisherman in B.C. It’s very sad. While definitely not perfect, the only choice I see is Andrew Scheer.

Great video, very well done. I agree with the overall message that the government failed us with respect to the fishery, especially in the last year. However I question if a change in government will make much of a difference. As noted in the video, many of us thought things would be better when we got a minister from this coast. We all know how that went. A change in government may be needed for many reasons, too many to list here, but I'm not so sure we will see much of a change in the fishery with a conservative government or any government for that matter. The ENGO's and First Nations have become more powerful in past years and recents governments appear not to have the will or inclination to stand up to them. Also the Conservative, if they get in, may come out in support of "Big Business" when it comes to the fishery and we all know that "Mr P" is not without pull. Many of us may want to see the Liberals go but don't hold your breath that it will be a change for the better when it comes to the fishery. The fishery did not get to the state it's in, just in the last 4 years. I will however continue to be optimistic that all groups will work together to make the fishery sustainable for years to come so that our future generations get to enjoy this wonderful coast the way that we do..

If we went carbon neutral tomorrow, The climate would not even start to feel the effects of the reduced carbon output for 40 to 50 years. China has stated they will reduce their carbon output but not make huge changes till 2030. Climate change is going to affect to effect our salmon for the next 80 years +

Yes we need to do something about it but the fact is we won't be alive to see the planet cool. In fact the planet is never going to cool back to the way it was we are only aiming to stablize it at some higher tempture then it is now. The is the sad reality of climate change. http://theconversation.com/if-we-st...-right-now-would-we-stop-climate-change-78882

The Blob is only going to get worse in our lifetime. That is what climate science is telling us.

Only addressing problems that we will be alive to see is what got the planet to where it is. That is the sad reality.

Only addressing problems that we will be alive to see is what got the planet to where it is. That is the sad reality.

So what is the green solution, Close down all fishing until the planet stabilized in 100 years? After all with the increasing global temperatures and the blob reducing salmon survival the orcas will need all the salmon they can get to increase their population. To allow allow an ever increasing FSC take and allow indigenous fisheries only??

vote patagonia right dradons?

The irony to this is that Patagonia's true goal is inline with what we all want. They want wild fish to sustain themselves. That is what we all should want.

Ideal world is that we have a managed wild fishery that doesn't need enhancement.

So what is the green solution, Close down all fishing until the planet stabilized in 100 years? After all with the increasing global temperatures and the blob reducing salmon survival the orcas will need all the salmon they can get to increase their population. To allow allow an ever increasing FSC take and allow indigenous fisheries only??

vote patagonia right dradons?

Settle down their bud. I never once said Patagonia had the right solution at all. It is utopic for sure and is likely unattainable. We have been kicking the cans down the road for lots of environmental issues, all I am saying.

All of our politicians past and present have contributed to many of the problems we have due to inaction and ineptness. And anyone thinking this election is going to change a single thing worthwhile is laughable. We are in for much more of the same regardless of who is in power. The tipping point of the democratic ideal is upon us.

The problem is whoever we vote in will fail miserably at whatever they "Promise" always OVER promise and Under Deliver! If all these morons would just give 3 things they want to do per term and do them well, we wouldnt be a complete cluster all the damn time.

I am afraid that in my sixty years of sports fishing I have never felt that any government or DFO has ever understood or cared about our west Coast sports fishery.
I wish the oceans could be managed like Our fresh water

If Liberals are rewarded with another term in office, why would they cease their corruption lies and deceit? They would take the win as confirmation their policies are popular.

Back