Gas prices up again

Out of curiosity when does it become gouging? How much of a profit margin is a company allowed to make? There's a strange fixation on gasoline, citizens happily pay for hundreds, heck thousands of products with higher margins.

All it would take is for everyone in BC to pick a brand and boycott it for a month and threatened the next brand the following month....they would think hard about putting prices up for bs reasons knowing doing so would put them on the top of that boycott list. The feeble attempt at not buying gas for a day that has been tryed in the past is dumb....why inconvenience yourself at all...especially when it does nothing. Buy gas any day you want to...just stay away from the brand of the month.

$1.60 in Lynn Valley, North Van. for the low grade regular.

Horgan/Weaver/Trudeau take 1/3 of that $1.50 all the while making life as difficult as possible for energy companies. If BC is getting screwed it's because politicians caused the retaliation.

1.61 yesterday on w10 in vancouver. It went up .20 over about 10 days. The war on cars in Vancouver is evident every time you go to fuel up.

This morning most stations in Burnaby are $1.63.9 for regular and $1.37.9 for diesel
All those electric car owners must be laughing.

All those electric car owners must be laughing.
They sure are. And it's got us thinking to get my wife one. Lots of $$$ savings and she takes highway 1 into Vancouver everyday so she would get HOV.

I'll stick to my ram 6.7 cummins though

They sure are. And it's got us thinking to get my wife one. Lots of $$$ savings and she takes highway 1 into Vancouver everyday so she would get HOV.

I'll stick to my ram 6.7 cummins though

Last year I bought a 1 year old VW Jetta with 8000 KM for $14,000.00. It gets over 40 mpg. I won't live long enough to recover the price difference if I had bought an EV instead.

Last year I bought a 1 year old VW Jetta with 8000 KM for $14,000.00. It gets over 40 mpg. I won't live long enough to recover the price difference if I had bought an EV instead.
Sometimes it’s about keeping the wife happy and not about what is best financially haha

We got a plug in hybrid as a second car and have used one tank of gas in a year. Worked it out to 962 mpg, but added about $20. a month to our hydro bill. Depends on your driving habits but personally I’d rather give money to BC Hydro than Chevron.

Thats great .The problem is only 5 out of 50 households on a block can be supplyed to to charge your electric cars.Whats everyone else on the block going to do to pay for your upgrades that haven't been invented yet so we may apply without brown outs?The grid can't handle electic cars for everyone yet.I say make the greenies pay for the upgrades to the hydro systemin there auto plan.

Thats great .The problem is only 5 out of 50 households on a block can be supplyed to to charge your electric cars.Whats everyone else on the block going to do to pay for your upgrades that haven't been invented yet so we may apply without brown outs?The grid can't handle electic cars for everyone yet.I say make the greenies pay for the upgrades to the hydro systemin there auto plan.

BC Hydro does not share your view.

Can the BC Hydro electrical system handle the increase in demand?
The increased demand from more EVs is something we've been planning for and will be able to supply. We're predicting there will be around 350,000 EVs on B.C. roads by 2030. This is estimated to add an additional 1,050 gigawatt hours of electricity load per year. The majority of charging takes place overnight, which is when residential power load from things like cooking, heating and lighting is the lowest.

We have also examined a future scenario with a dozen EV owners on the same street charging all at once. If 12 EVs are plugged into Level 2 chargers, this is simply the equivalent of running a dozen ovens at the same time.

We continually monitor the usage of each distribution feeder and perform equipment upgrades as needed.
https://electricvehicles.bchydro.co...=direct&utm_medium=301&utm_campaign=old_bchev

We seem to have managed cooking hundreds of thousands of turkeys this last weekend without any brownouts so I would tend to agree with BC Hydro.

There have been a few issues identified with feeder stations as some of them are starting to age out. The ones that were built in the 50's and 60's are in need of equipment replacement but that's something that was needed anyway.
Here is a list of projects that are going on.
https://www.bchydro.com/energy-in-bc/projects.html?WT.mc_id=rd_projects

Back