Vintage Spoons?

Going out tomorrow for an old school derby with my buddy. He’s got some he’s done up and here’s what I’ve got ready. Theses were all rusty,ugly & old. I put them through the Coca Cola 48 hr soak then metal polish, more coke & more polish. I’m about to throw them in a tub of dish soap and a good scrub then it down to allure only the biggest of fish in the morning off Victoria’s waterfront.
From top to bottom; Nootka Flasher & Wonder 6”, Lure Jensen & Canadian Silver Horde 4”, Tom Mack dodger & Tom Mack 5”

Attachments

• 100BD518-D55D-44B0-931C-E2BFAABB08E3.jpeg
    100BD518-D55D-44B0-931C-E2BFAABB08E3.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 138
I have an old all brass, not coated spoon. It is stamped MAK-M-BITE 6 PAT. PEND. Don't know anything about their history or vintage, but seems old.

Last edited:
Mak-m-bite is from the same maker as the Kach-mor, Later made by Gibbs and Pal. Patented in 1930, Kach mor manufacturing company, Vancouver, BC

Thanks for the info. It has a slightly tapered line end but less so than the Gibbs Improved Stewart, but is not cupped. They used flat bevel bends on each side of the line end instead, but the hook end is cupped. Nice to know it is an old BC spoon.

Last edited:
So after a couple of comments...the other night I started re-evaluating my fishing tackle cache. The issue now stands clear, especially after acquiring Magic Lure Products and PAL trolling lure tooling dies and equipment...I appear to have way more gear than one man needs. Lol :)

Here's a fun one. It may just be the earliest inline flasher concept. Kinda cool. :)

That’s the most unique thing I may have seen for fishing tackle. Very cool. Have you ever fished it?

Matt James at Supertackle in Nanaimo is worth checking out he always has some antiques in stock

https://www.supertackle.info/catego.../antique-new-old-stock-salmon-trolling-spoons

2017-12-19-09-27-53-1b9fbe9cc83ddf12baa55d9b1eb27c8e.jpg

Yep, it's the smallest Superior spoon profile that I have ever come across. The larger Superior spoons happen to be one of my go to lures for salmon all around Vancouver Island. This little guy is new to my collection and I have not given it any time yet. :)

Here is a #2 Superior with a nickel for size comparison. The coho go nuts over those #5's

Attachments

• cell 2-2017 005.JPG
    cell 2-2017 005.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 77
  • cell 2-2017 004.JPG
    cell 2-2017 004.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 72
Back