How much would you offer on this 26' Hourston...?

EZZ70

Hey guys, found a 26'er for my buds, might end up being mine LOL These are all the pictures I have and will be viewing the boat in a few days.

Anyways that's another story, so this is a late 70's boat, I am told the transom, floor and stringers are in great shape, although we heard that before... Trailer has no breaks and 3 bald tires, rated for 6000 +lbs. No electronics to speak of and pod was make shift from another boat... the guy is not sure he is wanting to sell but thinks its worth $13K, O and no power...

20190726_184727.jpg 20191005_161656.jpg 20191005_160235.jpg 20191005_161723.jpg 20191005_150104.jpg 20191005_150145.jpg 20191005_160218.jpg

Last edited:
There is definitely work that was done to this boat, the 2x6 keel is pretty much buried so that's about 1 3/4" of stuff (glass, resin, cloth, paint) yuck!

Remember these pics from the 23' build i am doing?

IMG_6931.jpeg IMG_6934.jpeg

Last edited:
Perhaps but I wouldn't name any sort of price at all without seeing a moisture meter up and down that hull and bridge. Once you give the seller a number they won't ever forget it.

Cool rig to spend another 75k to end up with a 40k boat. At least that's been the math for every car I have ever restored I gotta think a boat is even worse lol

Perhaps but I wouldn't name any sort of price at all without seeing a moisture meter up and down that hull and bridge. Once you give the seller a number they won't ever forget it.

Cool rig to spend another 75k to end up with a 40k boat. At least that's been the math for every car I have ever restored I gotta think a boat is even worse lol

This is the reply I received this evening from the seller...

"Hi Rob

The only 24-26 ft hourston boats iam seeing on the market are around $40000-$60000. These boats most of them have inboards. A podded hourston is a different class and a more sought after boat. There are very few podded hourston boats. I currently have two other people who have left me their phone numbers. Both wanted me to call them once the pod was put on the boat. Only reason I havnt called them was I wasnt sure on selling the boat. I have decided to keep and use my 28ft trophy only because it is almost finished and has twin engines below the floor. I will lower the price to $12000 for this weekend only."

This is the reply I received this evening from the seller...

"Hi Rob

The only 24-26 ft hourston boats iam seeing on the market are around $40000-$60000. These boats most of them have inboards. A podded hourston is a different class and a more sought after boat. There are very few podded hourston boats. I currently have two other people who have left me their phone numbers. Both wanted me to call them once the pod was put on the boat. Only reason I havnt called them was I wasnt sure on selling the boat. I have decided to keep and use my 28ft trophy only because it is almost finished and has twin engines below the floor. I will lower the price to $12000 for this weekend only."

My take is that transom will need to be rebuilt with the pod you want. Full rigs for dual, new pod, electronic package, new interior, canvas, glass work to fill in the deck that will add up fast and that's if theres no rot in the boat.

Btw did you receive the pm I sent you on the 26 island runner up on the sunshine coast? I may be going over this weekend to clean / close up our cabin if you're interested I can see if the owner is around and ask what his plans are.

IMO Sounds like he’s a hustlin’ you
“Sure I have a couple of other buyers on the line, but I like your style”
Name that movie. Clue: Corvette

Ya, he sounds like a nice guy but is it worth it?

Last edited:

Just a wee bit of demand generation right there...I dont think there are many guys waiting to throw 12k at this thing. Even if it is solid j would not go more than 7500...

Just a wee bit of demand generation right there...I dont think there are many guys waiting to throw 12k at this thing. Even if it is solid j would not go more than 7500...

I was thinking max 8K, sell the pod for 1k and the trailer for 2k

Yeah, I would be near 50% of offering too. The not properly designed pod would scare me most.

Yep pod would be the first thing to go and reinforce or redo the transom as well...

Way better off to buy a better example than bury money in this one.

Ya, you guys are great, I am hearing what I already know but nice to be able to bounce things of a sounding board to keep it real, thank you gents, this is an awesome forum!

If you are interested in a 26 Hourston, there is one with a for sale sign on it sitting in the Marina at Sunny Shores (Sooke) all summer. It has a C number (guide boat) and looks to have been well maintained from a casual look over at a distance. Other than that, I know nothing about it.

If you are interested in a 26 Hourston, there is one with a for sale sign on it sitting in the Marina at Sunny Shores all summer. It has a C number (guide boat) and looks to have been well maintained from a casual look over at a distance. Other than that, I know nothing about it.

thank you, would you mind getting the number for me, I would really be thankful.

I will have a closer look at the sale sign next time we go Coho fishing but that may be a few days. You could give Andy or Jim a call at the Marina Office as I am sure they would likely know all about it.

There was another one that someone apparently wanted to sell that had a large outboard on it but the boat itself appeared to be in worse shape, a bit of a beater and may need more work such as a new built in fuel tank etc. if it is still available. I know nothing about its transom or stringers but you would really have to check that out. Jim may know how to get in touch with the owner for that one if it is still available as it is no longer at the marina. This boat was in the slip beside me for a few years.

Last edited:
Back