2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure you can weigh in any legal coho so if wild is open you can enter it.

Not this year you can't enter wilds.

2019 WINNER TAKES ALL COHO DERBY

The 2019 Coho Derby will take place on September 28th and 29th. Fishing will take place on Saturday, September 28 from dawn until 6 PM, when weigh in closes. Fishing will take place on Sunday, September 29 from dawn until final weigh in time at 1 PM, after which the winner will be declared.

Fishing boundaries will be from San Juan Point to Bonilla Point.

The entrance fee will once again be $25.00 per rod with $5.00 from each entrance fee going directly to salmon enhancement.

$20.00 from each entrance fee will be paid to the WINNER. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in shall be declared the winner.

The BIG DIFFERENCE in this years Coho Derby is that it is for HATCHERY MARKED, FIN CLIPPED COHO ONLY. Unmarked Coho are not eligible in the derby.

Although not required, for those interested, there will be 2 side bets available. One side bet for $20 per boat and another for $50 per boat. Again these are not required for participation in the Coho Derby.

https://www.portrenfrewmarina.com/port-renfrew-marina-report

Not sure if everybody knows the PRM Coho derby has been changed from October 5-6 to Sept 28-29. Here's how PRM website reads.....

Port Renfrew Fishing Derbies
Kinsmen Salmon Derby - July 27th &28th 2019

Port Renfrew Marina Derby on Labour Day weekend - August 31st & Sept. 1st 2019

Annual Coho Derby - September 28th & September 29TH 2019

(We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the coho derby date changes)

Info on the derby is listed at the home page/fishing and the Sept 10/19 fishing report.
I don't recall seeing change when I read Sept 10th report last week, but I may have missed it. Tide 2 feet at 7am on Sat Sept 28th.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s20-eng.html
Do they not update this section then? Where do you find what you're showing. Because this says non retention of wild in all of area 20. Why would they contradict themselves?
Scroll back to springvelocity post, look at the map he posted, those are the regs for this year, they are posted at the marina. 2 hatch outside the bay 2 limit,2and 2 in the bay 4 limit, on the ferry back now boxed out, not everybody was doing good, but i did lol, hit over 20 this morning, all 5-10lbs, only got 2 hatch job outside out of bunch, there are fish to be add inside around the whistle bouy, huge bait balls at the tide lines with lots of coho add lots of doubles, top 50 ft

Look under salmon tab to the right is the map. Very clear.
I see it. With the way it works on my phone I dont have the option to see those links unless I go into options and view the desktop site version of the page. So I was going off of what the restrictions say on the main page. Which is kind of crazy that they dont specify the same regulations to match the mapped ones. Wasnt trying to call you out. Just couldnt figure it out. Thanks.

Happy fishing everyone.

Also heading to the derby, and closing up camp for the season on monday, season went to fast, i hope we can fish next year

We just got back from Renfrew after spending 3 days of fishing (Mon-Wed). There were lots of little ones around, but nothing worth keeping. We tried inside the bay, at the buoy, and as far out as 500'. Tuesday afternoon, the creel surveyor said one coho, barely legal, was brought in. Going to try again next week.

Forecast is not looking good, 2 metre sea blowing 20, bouncing around looking for a 10000$ fish lol game on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back