Pearson Marine Sooke

7Deuce

I am on the hunt for a new to me 23-26’ boat and I’ve looked at a couple out at Pearson Marine in Sooke. I believe that Bryan is being fairly forthright with the information he has on the boats but I’m curious if any one has any experience with this outfit. Good, bad or otherwise. Thanks!

Ive bought from Brian before. They bring boats up from the states and do some work on them, put on new motors etc then sell them. They seem to be doing more complete builds these days, instead of just throwing a pod on and a set of used four strokes. I think they are trying to go after the higher end market, hense the $92,000 91 Tiara 27 they have for sale. Beauty boat tho. I wasn't happy about the amount of things that needed to be done on my boat when I bought it, but I also didn't get a survey done pre purchase. If you want more info pm me.

I had a very similar experience with Pearson Marine. Lots of work to be done after I received the boat. Feel free to PM me with questions. They advertise full restoration but it’s more of a spec job.

They go silent on the pushback.

Just in case anyone is curious about KGN's experience, I thought id let it be known and share a bit of advice to all outboard owners out there....

I hadn't planned on posting anything to this but seeing that you went out of your way to bombard our You Tube channel, I have no choice but to explain to all what happened to KGN's boat.

One of KGN's outboards packed it in this season. This was from a boat he bought from us two seasons ago.

KGN would like us to buy him a new outboard.

What KGN hasnt told anyone is that we got a phone call from him the first week he bought the boat from us.
He was reporting overheat alarms on his engines.
We asked him how he was running the boat at the time.

He explained to us that he had been running both engines at WOT (Wide open throttle) for over and hour !!!

WOT operation of an outboard.......ANY outboard........ is not recommended by ALL manufacturers for no more than 5 minutes.

Running the engines at WOT is what certainly led to its demise this season.

We cant replace a customers engine after understanding the conditions it was run at. The computer would tell all.

Quinn

Hi Quinn

Good to hear from you.

Engine had issues and died 3 weeks after purchase not two seasons. Boat was purchased June 10 2018. Delivered June 15 2018. In the shop July 10 2018. Full failure and dead on starboard Aug 08 2018. I have paperwork from insurance inspected dated if anyone wants a copy - signed by the adjuster of a reputable Marine surveyor out of Victoria. Also bill of sale dated. Surprises me you would make this up? Or are confused with another customer.

Also WOT was not an issue - so I believe you are making this up to save face. That’s fair. The actual report shows the engine you sold me had not ran at WOT long enough to burn off condensation and apparently failed due to “to short of trips / trolling to long”. Go figure. I’m not an expert just a customer.

A little customer service goes a long way and taking responsibility for your product. I asked for help you neglected to offer it. I gave you one year to talk to me about this and come to a resolution but you neglected to do that. So I’m obliged to share my experience with others.

Shall I share the rest of the issues. There are others who have reached out to me and shared similar experiences.

This is not isolated.

Last edited:
I very seldom run an outboard at WOT for more than a minute.
In my opinion you are just asking for trouble running for extended periods at WOT.

Completely agree. I cruise around 4400 regularly. Quinn is mistaken. He may be confusing me with another unhappy customer.

Is Pearson the shop that did that twin outboards on the 30 Commander?

Wouldn't the Yamaha warranty cover such an issue as this? If not, can you share why not?
6 Month out of warranty. Have tried working with them as well (Toronto office). No luck.

Again wishing Pearson the best of luck, but from experience, this type of business self implodes when you treat customers like this. Just a matter of time.

Back