2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quiet. Not marking fish. Hooked up on a large chinook 10 mins in at 25feet but my line snapped. No other hits from chinooks. Been out since 1030. 2 pinks. Chop definately kicking up.

Yup. Getting sloppy now. Southerly 10 knots. Some caps. Just lost a nice spring. There’s a few here. You gotta work it. Trolling back to t10.

Anyone tried working the Cap mouth? Have the big whites started to show up yet? I might get out that far for a couple of hours this week if the winds are still up.

Anyone tried working the Cap mouth? Have the big whites started to show up yet? I might get out that far for a couple of hours this week if the winds are still up.

There was a half dozen boats out there yesterday afternoon. I marked a bunch of nice looking arches yesterday morning but no takers. They will be showing up soon I figure.

Fishing the harbour for last few hours, one coho release. No springs yet and haven't seen anything. Choppy but fishable.

I tried the Cap for an hour two nights ago, and no bites, nor did I see any nets out. Did see a big seal eating a ~15lb spring at the surface so .. the fish must be there!

Yes it seems to me about this time last year we all out combat fishing at the Cap...glad i mounted a mini cannon on the bow of Unexpected last year lmao!!!!

I had someone else drive me over the LGB last week so for a change got to have a good look at the 'action' there was none only two distant boats down by fisheries this was on a flood tide too.

wanted to get out to SH today, watched the marine report and decided not to head out. Will wait until Sunday morning. Hopefully the wind dies down and catch some fish out there. Will report back.

Hi guys, this is my first sucessful fishing season in saltwater. Quit job amd made about 20 trips to SH this Aug, just couple days no fish. First time I got saltwater fishing charter in 2016, we went to SH. It was October and we got 1 chum and 3 nice springs.
Disclamer - no I didn't get all fish for myself this August, was bringing friends and family members.
I'm wondering until which time of year SH will be working?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back