Pesca Spoons Done

There are a few particular colors I am grabbing which are saved for me at Berry's....will check what they have tomorrow.

Attached is what is left at Pac Angler. 4th from the right in the top worked well for me this year in Kyuquot and if that last one left in the herring aid type pattern (far lower left) will be gone if it's still there when I pop in tomorrow. ;) Jay had one of his guys take a pic and send to me so I could see what's left.

Resized_20190911_113104.jpeg

Last edited:
There are a few particular colors I am grabbing which are saved for me at Berry's....will check what they have tomorrow.

Attached is what is left at Pac Angler. 4th from the right in the top worked well for me this year in Kyuquot and if that last one left in the herring aid type pattern (far lower left) will be gone if it's still there when I pop in tomorrow. ;) Jay had one of his guys take a pic and send to me so I could see what's left.

View attachment 47846
I tried to buy all the happy hours that I could find. I guess there’s one more out there. That was the ticket for me for two years straight.

I tried to buy all the happy hours that I could find. I guess there’s one more out there. That was the ticket for me for two years straight.

Which one is the Happy Hour?

I have a final Full Throttle on hold at Berry's and will see what else they have tomorrow.

Far left bottom row, it’s a very good local local pattern. PA said they had placed another order but they are not sure what’s coming in off it. Put my name down for a few more g bombs

Last edited:
All the sudden when you can’t have something ........everybody wants it. They obviously had a following. Pretty tough business to be in tho. Bit of a Cottage industry. Another collector item has been created sadly.

All the sudden when you can’t have something ........everybody wants it. They obviously had a following. Pretty tough business to be in tho. Bit of a Cottage industry. Another collector item has been created sadly.
Gibbs, despite their ***** new branding, is doing a fantastic job of making it work. They are Coast to Coast and have Instagram influencers pumping their product. Pretty much just a hobby business if you're not following their model.

Gibbs, despite their ***** new branding, is doing a fantastic job of making it work. They are Coast to Coast and have Instagram influencers pumping their product. Pretty much just a hobby business if you're not following their model.
Yup. Scale makes a difference. Plus range of products focussed at different markets. Takes time and capital to grow to that stage tho.

Huge Capital.
too bad that Gibbs didn't invest some of that marketing money on finding better hooks to put on their spoons! It sucks that you spend good money on a certain spoon only to have change to proper hooks!
They should do an angler poll including their pro staff to learn what the best hooks are.

too bad that Gibbs didn't invest some of that marketing money on finding better hooks to put on their spoons! It sucks that you spend good money on a certain spoon only to have change to proper hooks!
They should do an angler poll including their pro staff to learn what the best hooks are.

or, like BIG EYE spoon (love them) whose 'paint/stickers' do not last a season

i have a pocket full of Big Eyes..............no colour; just silver with big eyes!

shameful

It's easy enough to duplicate almost any spoon on the market-Luremaking.com, Worth's, Lakeland, etc. all sell blanks and tape/paint is cheap & easy to come by.

It doesn't matter how big an operation is at is all about the margins and how much you take home.

Who knows why they folded could be anything. Businesses fold all the time. Hard to assume anything without knowing the full story.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how big an operation is at is all about the margins and how much you take home.

Who knows why they folded could be anything. Businesses fold all the time. Hard to assume anything without knowing the full story.
I respectfully disagree. It does matter how big you are. It allows for smaller margins thus making you more competitive. Especially when we are talking about sub $20 products. Price point matters to the consumer when there are ten choices on every shelf. Nobody is making assumptions as to the why, just acknowledging the fact that it's a competitive business and it must be difficult to succeed in.

Back