2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped in at SH around 11. Hit two right away, landed one around 10#, lost one beside boat that was better. Been quieter lately, seen few nets out. **** on a plate out here.

Landed a 2nd, both at 47’ on bait
Found a 3rd.

Heading to tofino Thursday for the weekend to look for some tuna. Will report back. :p

Attachments

• 43981CC2-8A0D-4A00-BF5F-80E081B6742F.png
    43981CC2-8A0D-4A00-BF5F-80E081B6742F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • C281313B-A281-46A1-8802-50E434FDB73C.png
    C281313B-A281-46A1-8802-50E434FDB73C.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Yup 47 ft on a Betsy with bait. One nice Spring in boat. Smaller but decent.

Anytime you can get a spring is doing good. I got it dailed in now and just the first year ive had my boat. watched a clip of bon chovy using rod mounts and he was stacking one out the side one back from both downriggers no problems.

Well that was a long day. Dropped in of west van for a few passes. Lots of Mark's but no takers. Pulled up at 815 and ran down to t10 to troll towards the sand heads. Again nada so pulled lines for a quick boat ride them the fun starts with the boat dying on the way with clearly spark Hmm...what's this coil wire doing off? Easy fix and back on our way. Drop in and wtf where's the connector for the ex steer to the leg gone? Had to zap strap the bar to my kicker like a tiller yeehaw. Trolled around from 930 til 4 with a pink to the boat and the only spring hit that ripped away snuck off. That was at 70 with a 7" herring...saw lots of spring picked up but not my day. That's probably it now til the fire fighters derby on the 20th so good luck everyone! Cheers

By the way my trusty white jughead hoochie was dead today and I was using 7" herring but I got the sense I should have been using extra large anchovies. I figured the herring had enough salt and just threw on some procure but they bait wasnt the best. Anyway good luck everyone.

Advice on tomorrow’s morning weather? I will have 2 out of towners from across the pond for their first times out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back