2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fished up around hull point and denham bay this past weekend and it was very good but we didn't see a single white in 30 springs. 2 chum a few pinks and a lost sockeye.l across 4 days we saw one hatchery ho...
Wait.... You guys bonked 30 springs just on a weekend? You must have a new freezer in the basement :D

Last edited:
I fished up around hull point and denham bay this past weekend and it was very good but we didn't see a single white in 30 springs. 2 chum a few pinks and a lost sockeye.l across 4 days we saw one hatchery ho...

so you killed 30 springs? wow. good trip for you and your crew. for me upfront CR anything of substantial size lately ( 18-25) have all been whites. the smaller ones have been reds.

sayward is stupid good right now so they’re still coming

NA to T10 a desert this morning. Tried Bell to mile marker and same. A nice wild coho and couple of hits at the pink apartments. Finally a 12# marble at fisheries of all places on the second tide. Chovy 70' in 100' of water. Probably were more there but ran out of time. Had 2 or 3 hits there before the 12#.

Last edited:
so you killed 30 springs? wow. good trip for you and your crew. for me upfront CR anything of substantial size lately ( 18-25) have all been whites. the smaller ones have been reds.

sayward is stupid good right now so they’re still coming

Right on...that 30 is across 12 guys fyi so all in bounds. I heard it's been awesome down in cr...all of these springs were bright reds. It will wrap up around hull / frederick / denham pretty soon I would guess. Still worked well for us for sure.

To give credit where it's due we were guided via dent island lodge so not a lot of hero badges to be handed out to our group. Most fish were 14 to 15 lbs, biggest was 19.5.

Last edited:
Right on...that 30 is across 12 guys fyi so all in bounds. I heard it's been awesome down in cr...all of these springs were bright reds. It will wrap up around hull / frederick / denham pretty soon I would guess. Still worked well for us for sure.

To give credit where it's due we were guided via dent island lodge so not a lot of hero badges to be handed out to our group. Most fish were 14 to 15 lbs, biggest was 19.5.

sounds like a blast and pretty country around there. tie into any lings? if you can actually get your gear down with all that current it can be insane around there. going out solo tomorrow for chinook. i think this is gonna be it for me. got stuff to do around the house that can’t be put off any longer

sounds like a blast and pretty country around there. tie into any lings? if you can actually get your gear down with all that current it can be insane around there. going out solo tomorrow for chinook. i think this is gonna be it for me. got stuff to do around the house that can’t be put off any longer

Don’t say that.

I’ll be popping down to sandheads or T10 tomorrow and will report

Last edited:

Lings are pretty bonked out but I heard there may be some hidey holes down south of Sonora.

I'm ok with running my boat to the lodge and I'm ok fishing the local areas after 15 years running but I'm just not ok with running the dent narrows any time other than full slack or just before / after. That slide in the Phillip's seems to have mostly flushed out now. Nothing better than the bute for coho in sept... rip up to davis for the ebb tomorrow and give it hell...

We watched a local guide work a double trouble in the frederick arm with a bunch of cowboys on board. Landed both within 30 seconds both fish in the net at the same time. Now thats next level stuff!

Be interesting to know how many folks went over their 10 annual of Chinook. Based on some of these reports, it sure seems like some did, unless their ‘wife’ suddenly got interested in fishing.

Would you blame them?
If the stewards of the land and see get to keep 15 times their legal limit, why shouldn’t a legal license holder become interested in”fishing “? This is becoming greed race thanks to DFO and their effective management of the “stocks of concern”.

Anyway, heard of two hatch cohos caught near the Bell in shallows on anchovies. They are finally showing up in numbers.

15# Marbled Chinook from NA area today. Rain came once or twice but nothing significant. It was spotty as well so easy to drive out a couple km to be in the sunshine. Didn’t see anyone else catching any around us. Around 3-4pm everyone else headed in and only 1-2 boats around. Bite died down completely after the first fish. Maybe the guys that headed in knew something I didn’t ;). Gave pink apartments a whirl on the way back for 30 mins and nothing. Beautiful day overall, a fish, saw many dolphins (saw one chasing a salmon and the fish jumped out trying to escape), seals, and a big fat rainbow. :D

I think what is happening is the opportunities for catching fish have become so limited that when the chance arises people get the mentality that it may be over imediately and panic sets in because so many anglers have so much time and money vrsted in the sport they forget that without proper conservation there will be no opportunity. Its not right and its only my opinion but as someone who started fishing with my dad as a little boy some 50 years ago in Ladysmith ive seen the decline and it saddens me to think that my kids kids may not get the opportunities because of this greed.

Lots of moisture and wind in the weekend forecast. That will send fish up river both for Fraser and Cap. Hoping that we will get some fresh fish for the DNV’s derby on Sep 20.

Good luck to those who can get out today and tomorrow.

North Arm conditions today are idea. Flat calm no ripping tide and 23 degrees. A few boats out but pretty quiet. No fish yet but just arrived.

If you can please post an update on how you do and whether you see marking fish....planning on going out tomorrow and curious to know how much fish are still around after this wet weather we've had the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back