2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-10 area not open!
The last few times I've been out, I've seen several boats fishing on the shallower (eastern) side of the T10 Buoy. I believe that is area 29-10 which is still closed.

If I understand it correctly, the eastern boundary of the open/legal areas is a line from the North Arm white light, through T10, to the Sandheads weather station.
I think if you draw a straight line from the NA marker to sand heads light house, T10 marker is actually outside that line.... so T10 is Slightly within 29-3, and therefore you can fish inside of it a bit before you are in 29-10. Someone with the GPS points locked in can correct if I’m wrong...

I think if you draw a straight line from the NA marker to sand heads light house, T10 marker is actually outside that line.... so T10 is Slightly within 29-3, and therefore you can fish inside of it a bit before you are in 29-10. Someone with the GPS points locked in can correct if I’m wrong...

You are 100% correct. There is plenty of fishable water inside of T10. If people don’t know where the boundaries are, either they should take a minute to educate themselves (the search function on the forum is a wonderful thing...) or stay off the water.

Back to fishing reports: good bite yesterday of Sandheads mid day. Two for four on springs (14 lb red and 21 lb white) and several pinks. 55’ - 70’ on large anchovies. Hope some fish stick around, the weather over the next 10 days doesn’t bode well for the fishing stacking up...

Only one day with any significant rain in it on my 14 day forecast and that's next Saturday. The rest are just low chance of showers days which often amount to nothing.

Fished the entire flood today at SHs, it was slow for us. Couple pinks released and maybe one chin long line released. The fish from yesterday must of sniffed the rain and shot up river. Only saw one Chinook boated around us all day

Slow day for us. After moving from T10 (dead) to Sandheads we finally hit a few fish. One maybe legal Spring released and a couple pinks. Had a few bites that didn’t stick including a hard strike pin popper on a whole herring. Bait was mangled but somehow missed the hooks. Otherwise much slower for us than our last few trips. Heard of a few springs being landed at Sandheads but didn’t see a lot of nets out.

I finally got out this past weekend on Sunday afternoon, solo (son jammed on me), after all the kids soccer games were done. 2:30-6pm and didn't touch anything or see anything (except one pink) caught. 30-75 ft on the wires. My buddy said he did OK fishing deep at 100+ft. Nice afternoon, but choppy and lots of sea lions.

I'm heading out tomorrow for the day, see how it goes with these rains shooting fish into the rivers. Might be a Cap day since it seems fish haven't really shown up there yet but I'm heading to the SH first.

Trying to post a picture but it just keeps loading and won’t transfer over to the actual post? Anyone have a solution?

Come on you guys are nuts. We were catching until first week of October last season. You just have to work for them now. It's back to reality, no more plugs lol.
I think I hear the fat lady warming up to sing in the background!:eek: My experience Friday and Saturday was there definitely some decent Chinook out there, just not as many as in August and the bites a short bite periods, but intense when there on. As RC says back to more normal fall fishing.

It's all over ....someone turn out the lights pls
I put in 4 days last week. 2 fish to show for it doing all the same things I do every year. Same week last year I had 6 fish. It’s slower. Not being negative. Just the facts ma’am. I’m out tomorrow. Will provide update.

I put in 4 days last week. 2 fish to show for it doing all the same things I do every year. Same week last year I had 6 fish. It’s slower. Not being negative. Just the facts ma’am. I’m out tomorrow. Will provide update.
I'm hoping to head out Wednesday whenever Inlet is done with my kicker. There better be some left!

Trying to post a picture but it just keeps loading and won’t transfer over to the actual post? Anyone have a solution?
iPhone photos are too large to post, especially the newer ones that move. Take a screenshot of your photo and then post the screenshot. It’ll work

iPhone photos are too large to post, especially the newer ones that move. Take a screenshot of your photo and then post the screenshot. It’ll work
I email them to myself and just select small file size to compress them. Save it and then you can post.

I fished Friday and only hit 2 Chinook. Was out Saturday and we hit 6. You sure have to capitalize when the bite is on right now and make subtle adjustments in presentation, depending on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back