Taxidermy

Get a replica made. Less hassle. Most real skins end up leaking oil sooner or later.

Replica all the way and Artistic Wildlife Creations , in Campbell River ( Craig Stolle) did an amazing job of mine.
Like eroyd said , real skin mounts are a lot of maintenance.

Replica all the way and Artistic Wildlife Creations , in Campbell River ( Craig Stolle) did an amazing job of mine.
Like eroyd said , real skin mounts are a lot of maintenance.
Eric Gander did a large Chinook for me in 1983 and it still hasn’t needed much maintenance at all. He dried it out for a year and a half

Take lots of pics. Take lots of measurements. Release fish unharmed. Then contact a few replica taxidermists that will make you an exact replica for far less $$$$, one that will never bleed oils, never fade and will be far easier to repair when something happens and will be on your wall displayed sooner. Sailfish mounts in the US is a leader in fiberglass replicas, even paint exact pattern, scares and wounds from your pics. I am sure there are Canadian companies also just do not know who. If you are good with an airbrush you can order the replica, paint and paint scheme in a "standard" size for way less and paint yourself. Taxidermy catalogues, McKenzie, Research Manikins have many pages in their books with all major sizes and species.

Good Luck

HM

Back