2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Friday and Saturday.
Quick limit at Camper 26 and 22 Friday morning.
Saturday ground out a 23 and 18 just past Camper and the last one near the Rockpile. Heard it tailed off today though Eastpoint produced.
Grateful for these amazing fish!!
You are a warrior, to fish camper you need a warrior spirit, good for you, heading on tuesday for a week, will not be fishing camper:D

I pick my spots, in and out, time the reef tacks then find quite water around the edges.
I prefer the not on the weekends.
Last weekend i was there the was 50-60 boats in a 300yard square at camper, did not stop to see, but must of been a gong show , i fished where there was 3 boats lol, and we all where hooking up a good number of fish, one of the local friend guide was just slaying them , he was dialed in good, he was done before noon both days with 3 on board, just proved to me that not all the fishy are at camper lol

I pick my spots, in and out, time the reef tacks then find quite water around the edges.
I prefer the not on the weekends.
Good thing i left a few for you, don't know if i could take the whining all winter long :D:eek::p As for the snaggers on the bridge, everyone call the DFO line, more complaints and they will have to do something about it, and when you drive over the bridge if one of them is on the rd it is always good practice to drive with your door open (now i will wait for the resident school teacher Saxe Pt to lecture me again) Brutus you might have to offer me up a seat and i just might bring my mooching gear,can't let Kingspring have all the fun :) Oh and i had Civano drop by the house on his way to hammer some springs in Renfrew, nice meeting you and how was the fishing??

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing i left a few for you, don't know if i could take the whining all winter long :D:eek::p As for the snaggers on the bridge, everyone call the DFO line, more complaints and they will have to do something about it, and when you drive over the bridge if one of them is on the rd it is always good practice to drive with your door open (now i will wait for the resident school teacher Saxe Pt to lecture me again) Brutus you might have to offer me up a seat and i just might bring my mooching gear,can't let Kingspring have all the fun :) Oh and i had Civano drop by the house on his way to hammer some springs in Renfrew, nice meeting you and how was the fishing??
Alway a seat in my boat for you, even have a few 6-8 oz weight to sling around lol,does that mean we have to fish camper????:D:eek:

Off topic, are you slinging arrows at moose for the opener??

Off topic, are you slinging arrows at moose for the opener??

No, too many appointments at the cancer clinic for my wife but I am going up late September for the October bow season, we are trying to get her chemo in October done in Prince George so she can have a holiday up at the cabin. When are you fishing Renfrew again, we should try and mooch up some big white springs, i only bonked 1 this year could use another for the smoker :)

No, too many appointments at the cancer clinic for my wife but I am going up late September for the October bow season, we are trying to get her chemo in October done in Prince George so she can have a holiday up at the cabin. When are you fishing Renfrew again, we should try and mooch up some big white springs, i only bonked 1 this year could use another for the smoker :)

Sending good wishes for your wife's battle and hoping she kicks butt.

I hate few things but cancer is one of them.

All the very best.

Take care.

Sending good wishes for your wife's battle and hoping she kicks butt.

I hate few things but cancer is one of them.

All the very best.

Take care.
Second that Jackel. Been through it with my wife so I have some understanding of your trials.

It’s fun for sure, elk trip up north to get ready for now so doubtful I’ll be back till coho time in September.

Heading up there now, just heading for the ferry, staying till the 3 sept, so if you want to come for a day , just send me an email, i go to town to get wifi everyday to check in with my crew, will looking for your msg, if i am not to grumpy on my way down i might stop a your place, wish you and the wife all the best if i dont see you 2

Thanks for all the kind wishes folks, yes cancer sucks but you have to try and live life to the fullest and we are not alone, you find that out on the first visit to the cancer clinic, must say the treatment at the clinic in Victoria has been outstanding. Now back to fishing good luck and you may see me out with Brutus scratching for a big white spring...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to Renfrew for another 4-5 days tomorrow :) Might join the Cut pluggers, been awhile since I've done that.

Beware of some numbnuts at PRM, came to camp to realize some a hole tryed to steel my solar system or batteries or both, all unplug and some wires rip out, baterie box all opened and lids scatered all over, keep an eye out, if i catch him it wont be pretty , back to report, nada for me in 3 hrs last night, but guys did good on the morning flood and tide change, heading out in a few hr to give it a go

Slow fishing, one yesterday, 0 for 3 hook up today, not to many fish all and all, tomorow is the day i hope

Anything still going on in renfrew? Thinking of doing a 3 day trip starting Monday. Love fishing there and haven’t been in 2 years. :mad:

Well my week is over, fishing was a grind but fish to be ad, further west was good for me the only day i went that far. Today was the DAY,my friend Jackel came on board my boat and put on a show, dont think we made it 50 ft and we into a fish, and so on, finish with 11 hook up 3 in the boat to about 18lbs relase a few smaller ones in the 10-12lbs and lost a few dandy 20plus pounds at the boat,all fish were played by me except one,so my mentor for the day did what he does best, and got me on to really good fish.Cut plugs work like a hot cake when the jackel puts them down, best day i have all season, thank you my friend

Well my week is over, fishing was a grind but fish to be ad, further west was good for me the only day i went that far. Today was the DAY,my friend Jackel came on board my boat and put on a show, dont think we made it 50 ft and we into a fish, and so on, finish with 11 hook up 3 in the boat to about 18lbs relase a few smaller ones in the 10-12lbs and lost a few dandy 20plus pounds at the boat,all fish were played by me except one,so my mentor for the day did what he does best, and got me on to really good fish.Cut plugs work like a hot cake when the jackel puts them down, best day i have all season, thank you my friend

Very slow where we were. Yeah we should have went way west. Slow at east point and camper. Went for coho but couldn't find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back