2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up, access to Cattle point will be closed Saturday 10:00 to 3:00 pm
Tour de Victoria race

Oak Bay: 10:20 am - 3:10 pm. Full road closure on Beach Drive, and King George Terrace. However, residents of Beach Dr, King George Terrace and roads that can only be accessed by through these roads will still have access to their homes. Traffic Control Personnel will allow residents to access their homes when there are breaks in the cyclists. Access to Royal Victoria Yacht Club, Oak Bay Marina, Oak Bay Beach Hotel and Victoria Golf Club will be controlled by Traffic Control Personnel.

Running events are during the shoulder seasons and early morning, not the friggin middle of summer. Cyclists!;)
Two weeks ago at Cattle I was going forward slowly and turning left to line up with ramp. I was about 3 feet from the ends of the other trailers when a cyclist whizzed past me on the left during my left turn. Slammed the brakes and was a little flustered. Resumed my turn and another cyclist attempted the same trick. There was only two feet between truck and trailers now. He was so close he had to lean over the parked trailers to not hit my truck as he passed me on the left while I was turning left. Slammed the brakes again.

I would like to see a stop sign at the entrance to the ramp area. It won't stop those lawless cyclists but at least it might establish clearly that they are in the wrong. Is a stop sign worth a petition to Oak Bay? Any reason that would be a bad idea?

I would like to see a stop sign at the entrance to the ramp area. It won't stop those lawless cyclists but at least it might establish clearly that they are in the wrong. Is a stop sign worth a petition to Oak Bay? Any reason that would be a bad idea?

Don't you know they own the road ?
also, if they slam into you it's your fault for being in their way....

:mad:

Two weeks ago at Cattle I was going forward slowly and turning left to line up with ramp. I was about 3 feet from the ends of the other trailers when a cyclist whizzed past me on the left during my left turn. Slammed the brakes and was a little flustered. Resumed my turn and another cyclist attempted the same trick. There was only two feet between truck and trailers now. He was so close he had to lean over the parked trailers to not hit my truck as he passed me on the left while I was turning left. Slammed the brakes again.

I find pedestrians and cyclists are beyond clueless at cattle point. Never had a close a call as what you described, but had lots of peeps walk/ride even drive right behind my trailer as I’m backing up. It’s like a trailer is a big people magnet. Ohh look someone backing up and can’t see well, let’s get behind them! Very frustrating.

Btw, took a stroll down at cattle point this morning at 630. Water was like glass and only 2 trailers. Should have brought the boat!

:(

The slight decline makes it a fun little stretch to whip down. (I am a cyclist) not the matching tights type though. totally wreckless to do that, especially with trailers backing, or just the general traffic, stunned sightseers who think the ramp is a view stop or the beach.
Going to head down there this morning before the Mamils take over the road.

A couple of those little speed humps would knock the wind out of their sales.

I find pedestrians and cyclists are beyond clueless at cattle point. Never had a close a call as what you described, but had lots of peeps walk/ride even drive right behind my trailer as I’m backing up. It’s like a trailer is a big people magnet. Ohh look someone backing up and can’t see well, let’s get behind them! Very frustrating.

Btw, took a stroll down at cattle point this morning at 630. Water was like glass and only 2 trailers. Should have brought the boat!

:(

One of those trailers was me. Ran to Constance at 6am and was first boat there. First guide showed up and trolled up doubles around me. I did jig a 62cm thick body hatchery and missed another hit. Left at 730 when bite seemed to slow and wanted to beat the cyclist induced ramp closure. No net so had to do the Stizzla face gaff solo.
20190817_065449~2.jpg

Fishing was great today. 630 double header off the breakwater. 25 and 20 Went to Albert Head to get away from all the boats. 8 springs over 20 lb. released in 3 hours
30 and 50 ft 0n anchovy. Fish are outside in 160 ft of water

Attachments

• RH 1.jpg
    RH 1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back