2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2 fish yesterday day at the t10 on plugs again. Was supposed to take a buddy today but he bailed last minute as he was depressed from his ex keeping his kid away from him. I couldn't convince him so I went to work today instead.

Are there so many springs because of closures this year?

giphy.gif

Well I finally made it out there yesterday evening. About time. Started at the north arm around 6:00 and trolled south till 7:30. Caught our two 13 pounders in short order on bait at 44-57 feet in 300 feet of water. Then switched to spoons, white hootchies and pink hootchies hoping to get some coho and pinks but only got four more nice springs (on all those lures)
Lollipops but no rainbows for us! Lol.
No time to relax but so much fun.
Doing it again this afternoon.
See ya out there!

Fished N. Arm today 08:30-11:15 with only one hit that ended up being a decent sized pink. Caught on skinny g at 75'.
This was my first fishing trip for springs out there. It took me a few tries to figure out the sockeye fishing last year, so hopefully next time will be better!

Took the words out of my mouth. I’m sure DFO would say yes, but seems to me the closure was apparently pretty unnecessary.
Ya , like these fish have been here since May and June ....Dont think so. DFO doesnt know Chit when it comes to the actual return dates its obvious

Where do you guys launch to get to the Sand Heads? Is it safe to take my 16 ft Aluminum with a 70 hp motor out that way?
Regards
D

Fished gower yesterday 15lbs spring at high tide rigger at 50’ in 80-100 water. I would head over to sandheads but i would need to bring someone to make it feasable. Not many seals over here but the fishing is a little more challenging patience wise.

Aa7oCck.jpg

AJMCiap.jpg

After a good day yesterday today was very slow but i stook with it and slow trolled for a spring further out. There were a few seals where i was aiming for but went to 300’ of water at 135 on the rigger pink hootchie l. I thought i lost it the fish actually swam over to the boat and then put up quite a fight. 15 lbs i think.

HGQTbDY.jpg

Last edited:
Made it out to fish the North Arm area yesterday evening with the wife and daughter 5:00 till 8. Thanks for the conditions report Seatosky. Wife was a trooper. But it didn’t help not having any action for the first hour and a half besides shakers and tangles then only a pink came aboard. Thought it was my karma for complaining about too many springs the day before! Another dead half hour goes by so I check the tides for high slack and it is now. I tell them it’s coming. Soon after my daughter loses a spring that spat the hook. She was bummed but I said that’s ok at least they’re biting now. Only problem was we were out of bait now except for the few used ones I’d saved from changing out. I put them down. They worked. Soon after that she gets another good spring on but loses it to a snapped line after a fight. Didn’t loosen the drag. That’s ok. Got the line back down. Bam. Double header **** show. I’m sure everyone around could hear the girls screaming and yelling. Long story a little shorter, the daughter battered her reeling hand, the wife bashed her head with the net and we lost one when the lines crossed in close. Lesson learned. Bring them in one at a time and maybe use a gaff?
We boxed this 18. Reused chovie at 50 feet in around 200 feet of water.
B5E32C3D-DC6C-4390-9850-60426975A8B0.jpeg Good times

Last edited:
Hi guys, heading out to sandheads and t10 tomorrow. Never been and newish to fishing. Pls forgive the silly question, but what are the best tides for fishing there?

Excited to get in on the action and will post a report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back