2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man all these stories have me tempted to run over from French Creek, torn between that or the west coast lol
My son is over at the Bamfield He hasn’t done a lot of fishing this trip. ( family trip). But he said it’s not that good for this time of year. Ya have to work at finding them. There’s some nice size fish coming in. Sounds like the south arm is doing a lot better. :cool:

Man all these stories have me tempted to run over from French Creek, torn between that or the west coast lol

Fishing at the sandheads is unreal right now. West coast has been a little slower in most areas. You are close enough I would be making the run over..

Been a while since I got out , late start today rods down around noon wasn't much goin on at north arm at the time so moved over to t10 ish area boxed two red lost more pinks then I can count lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812-204156_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812-204156_Instagram.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 150
Still red hot at Sandheads! Went out Friday got 2 reds 12 and 18# and today we landed 2 whites 10 and 16# (lost 5 or 6 more), along with a few pinks. Pretty sure you could be using anything out there but 70 on the down rigger with purple haze hootchie got both whites we landed today....

That tug pic is gold.
My buddy and I saw it approaching and I said man that's gonna make a great pic. And he said to wait a minute till it's closer to sun and it would be better. He was right! It was towing a big pile driver barge but thought it looked better with just the tug by the sunset. :)

Had a buddy out yesterday and we started around qa headed to t10 . Not much until we made our way to t10 then bam a screamer and the snap. J just had my reels spooled and I am starting to wonder about this line. Snapped clean and my buddy had his spooled with the same and he lost 3 due to snapped line on Sunday. Picked up a 10lb right after around 330 then it was quiet. Made the run down to the sandheads and started outside the pack and bam a other freight train outside the pack. And eff me another snap this time the leader right at the knot. I'm calling this one my fault for trusting the stock 40 lb leader material I used. I did change the hook and swivel out but to rig fast I used the jughead leader. Dumb.

After that no more action for us. All mine was on white or pink hoochie and no love for my anchovies. The big hits were around 70' and the 10lb was deep chased bait at 130'.

See ya out there Friday...

Had a buddy out yesterday and we started around qa headed to t10 . Not much until we made our way to t10 then bam a screamer and the snap. J just had my reels spooled and I am starting to wonder about this line. Snapped clean and my buddy had his spooled with the same and he lost 3 due to snapped line on Sunday. Picked up a 10lb right after around 330 then it was quiet. Made the run down to the sandheads and started outside the pack and bam a other freight train outside the pack. And eff me another snap this time the leader right at the knot. I'm calling this one my fault for trusting the stock 40 lb leader material I used. I did change the hook and swivel out but to rig fast I used the jughead leader. Dumb.

After that no more action for us. All mine was on white or pink hoochie and no love for my anchovies. The big hits were around 70' and the 10lb was deep chased bait at 130'.

See ya out there Friday...
Love this. I think more guys should report the ***** days because everyone has them. Not everyone is limiting out there every day, it's not always lollipops and rainbows. Maybe I'm anticipating being brought back to reality here soon too :confused:.

Love this. I think more guys should report the ***** days because everyone has them. Not everyone is limiting out there every day, it's not always lollipops and rainbows. Maybe I'm anticipating being brought back to reality here soon too :confused:.
Let’s live in the moment. It’s gonna end, but I hope not soon. I feel like I’ll never see this again, but optimistic I will

Well I finally made it out there yesterday evening. About time. Started at the north arm around 6:00 and trolled south till 7:30. Caught our two 13 pounders in short order on bait at 44-57 feet in 300 feet of water. Then switched to spoons, white hootchies and pink hootchies hoping to get some coho and pinks but only got four more nice springs (on all those lures)
Lollipops but no rainbows for us! Lol.
No time to relax but so much fun.
Doing it again this afternoon.

Attachments

• 5C2C49D5-1EAC-42FD-A7DB-CCFE9F4424EE.jpeg
    5C2C49D5-1EAC-42FD-A7DB-CCFE9F4424EE.jpeg
    879.5 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back