2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you are retarded like the boat i mentioned i am fine to fish around, if you have no clue about what goes on around you do everyone a favor and stay on shore!!

so you’re into a hot fish going towards another boat and all of a sudden it’s the other guys fault and your cussing him out and “throwing lead? “
give your head a shake. nothing i hate more than guys who walk around like they own everything.
re-read your post. sorry man you come off sounding like a complete butt.

So your chasing fish around at full throttle around YOUR ocean and everyone else has to get out of YOUR WAY. Control your fish man. I’ve been reading your stories on here for a few years now and I’m bloody tempted to go there for a fish. I’d like to see you get all butt bent with me,, once my friend,, once.

I can’t stand bullies,, never could.
Lol we have a challenge, nothing about jackel i would consider bully, unfortunatly there is a lot of guys that dont pay attention when they out there, i refuse to fish anywhere near where camper or eastpoint for that reason. Tempers flare more then one might think

How did the rest play out? I'd love to know.
Not much, the guy lost his **** on me for catching a fish i guess, so i lost my **** on him, cut the line to the fish at the boat and continued on fishing, and he did the same as last year stayed in deep water from everybody after that as others have had multiple runs in with the same boat, this is his style of fishing.
I can fish along side anyone and get along just fine, i run a tinner 20 ft center console, fish 3 rods by myself and have only hooked up once in 30 years with another boats fish. People need to pay attention out there it is their responsibility to themselves and others out there, but apparently i am a bully :rolleyes: You should come to Renfrew the smell of fried chicken on the water would be unreal :)

Lol we have a challenge, nothing about jackel i would consider bully, unfortunatly there is a lot of guys that dont pay attention when they out there, i refuse to fish anywhere near where camper or eastpoint for that reason. Tempers flare more then one might think

Yes they do brutus and that’s exactly why I’ve decide to stay away from Sooke as much as I can in the future. I’m a very courteous fisherman on the water but at the same time I can’t stand an asshole or a bully. It’s just not worth it to me to get in to it with someone, I get bent out of shape pretty darn easy if someone is a dick weed and then it ruins my day. We are all there to relax and enjoy the experience, no one needs people throwing **** at them and screaming and swearing at them, that’s BS. Some people just don’t know, there’s better ways to communicate than being a deuce.

Keep me posted on the fish out , i might have to fish camper just for fun lol

what’s the guy supposed to do? fly up and out of the way? i fish CR and Nootka all the time. hundreds of boats around. you see a guy with a fish on you do your best to accommodate and not get in each other’s gear but a hot 35 pound fish caught on 20 lb line is gonna do what it wants. i don’t see the point in screaming and swearing at another fellow fisherman, and then posting and bragging about it online.

Yes they do brutus and that’s exactly why I’ve decide to stay away from Sooke as much as I can in the future. I’m a very courteous fisherman on the water but at the same time I can’t stand an asshole or a bully. It’s just not worth it to me to get in to it with someone, I get bent out of shape pretty darn easy if someone is a dick weed and then it ruins my day. We are all there to relax and enjoy the experience, no one needs people throwing **** at them and screaming and swearing at them, that’s BS. Some people just don’t know, there’s better ways to communicate than being a deuce.
Dude like come on you really think jackel is sligging lead at other guys boats???? Its all a joke, i have none him for almost 15 years and he is an awsome fisherman, but when some A H runs over your line cause hes not paying attention(to much hyppy **** maybe or booze or just plain stupid) a lot of times they get verbal diharea from other fisherman. I two have issues with getting mad therefor i stay away from putting myself in these situation,no fish out there is worth visiting a jail cell lol

what’s the guy supposed to do? fly up and out of the way? i fish CR and Nootka all the time. hundreds of boats around. you see a guy with a fish on you do your best to accommodate and not get in each other’s gear but a hot 35 pound fish caught on 20 lb line is gonna do what it wants. i don’t see the point in screaming and swearing at another fellow fisherman, and then posting and bragging about it online.
Problem is they dont try to get out of way lol

Dude like come on you really think jackel is sligging lead at other guys boats???? Its all a joke, i have none him for almost 15 years and he is an awsome fisherman, but when some A H runs over your line cause hes not paying attention(to much hyppy **** maybe or booze or just plain stupid) a lot of times they get verbal diharea from other fisherman. I two have issues with getting mad therefor i stay away from putting myself in these situation,no fish out there is worth visiting a jail cell lol

Fare enough, we’ll leave it at that.

Last reply to this thread, there were 5-6 boats in a 3 mile radius when i hooked the fish, the boat in question was a good 500-600 meters away and the only boat in the area are we GETTING IT NOW, it was not crowded, i was easy to avoid but no he chose to barrel right up on me, ok. I'm done done with this thread, last post. To you guys who fish Renfrew good luck on your season to bad about not being able to keep the big ones but you can still get out and enjoy great fishing, don't let Turdhole ruin your fishing.

There are some fishermen out there (probably not you) who don't have a clue and don't know what's happening around them.
It's not about having a lot of boats around.
It's often only one boat who just doesn't understand fishing etiquette.
All anyone askes is keep your head up, know when someone nearby has a fish running in your direction and do your best to avoid cutting it off. (which most savvy fishermen and guides do)
Last season I had a guy ignore my fish taking a long run and cross my line even when I was chasing it. There were no other boats around.
As we got closer he said it was his fish that I tangled with. He didn't have a fish on!
He had my fish tangled in his gear because he didn't have a clue of what was going on around him and did nothing to avoid me!

so you’re into a hot fish going towards another boat and all of a sudden it’s the other guys fault and your cussing him out and “throwing lead? “
give your head a shake. nothing i hate more than guys who walk around like they own everything.
re-read your post. sorry man you come off sounding like a complete butt.
Ha ha, fish on has the right of way, always.

Not much, the guy lost his **** on me for catching a fish i guess, so i lost my **** on him, cut the line to the fish at the boat and continued on fishing, and he did the same as last year stayed in deep water from everybody after that as others have had multiple runs in with the same boat, this is his style of fishing.
I can fish along side anyone and get along just fine, i run a tinner 20 ft center console, fish 3 rods by myself and have only hooked up once in 30 years with another boats fish. People need to pay attention out there it is their responsibility to themselves and others out there, but apparently i am a bully :rolleyes: You should come to Renfrew the smell of fried chicken on the water would be unreal :)

The smell of machismo emanating from these posts is nauseating. Veiled threats and intimidation are juvenile. Settling disputes or disagreements through threats and violence actually aren’t acceptable in Canada, remember?

Is the 80 cm max size also going to be in place on Swiftsure, Area 121? I'm bummed... was really hoping to catch just one big fish to bring home and was planning on fishing Pt. Renfrew next week.

Is the 80 cm max size also going to be in place on Swiftsure, Area 121? I'm bummed... was really hoping to catch just one big fish to bring home and was planning on fishing Pt. Renfrew next week.

Well it's hard to find a spring over 80cm at swiftsure anyhow if they keep these stupid rules.

We have friends up for a few days. Fished the beach this morning. Eight fish to the boat and brought four home and done by 9:00. Just one of those days! Lol. Quite a range in sizes anywhere from 10 to 25 lbs. Flat water and great morning.

Here now and no mention of 80cm at prm, so tomorow its game on, just talk to a friend here and fishing was good for him this am, a few under and ad to release a few close to 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back