Buyer Beware !! Do-It Molds via UPS USA Beware !

sir-vivor

I thought Id post this to warn all of you what seems to be the normal when purchasing from Do-It and shipping via UPS (USA to CDN).

Purchase amount Inv #$ 40 and Inv#2 $121
Declared Value by Do-it $616 and $450
Tax and Duty should of been $ 16.50 and $ 49.60
Tax and Duty Charged to me $107 and $132

Total Taxes and duty charged on the only two invoices I purchased = $239 on total invoice amount of $162 when in fact the total duty and taxes should have only been $66.10. A mistake of $172.90

Now I am fighting with UPS for the reimbursement of taxes and with Do-It for the return of the product, neither are talking to me.

I would strongly suggest that if your looking for molds or mold products shop locally or at these CANADIAN STORES;

https://www.berrysbait.com/?gclid=C...iEYeI1s20C4aqP3cL0ig4PSwX60kKXYAaAmAxEALw_wcB

OR

https://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?action=products.sh&searchText=
OR
http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue...ms/molds/special_mold_inserts_and_mold_wi.htm

I'm done with DO-IT or UPS .... Never Again

You be the judge

PS this is a spin off from my earlier thread .... need help with import fees
PS If Berrys Baits would have had this stuff I would have bought there without hesitation but its custom stuff and hard to get in Canada

Last edited:
That sucks, i've been burned too, what you are getting kabonged on is the brokerage fees, not the duty. Duty is a fixed % i believe and the Brokerage fee is their 'service fee' for handling the paperwork. Now when I have to order through the US, I insist on USPS or I refuse to place the order. I've never been screwed through Canada Post/USPS.

That sucks, i've been burned too, what you are getting kabonged on is the brokerage fees, not the duty. Duty is a fixed % i believe and the Brokerage fee is their 'service fee' for handling the paperwork. Now when I have to order through the US, I insist on USPS or I refuse to place the order. I've never been screwed through Canada Post/USPS.
Your 100% on mark Waterwolf ! I used USPS as well and never a problem. But keep in mind that Do-It mainly to blame by overstating the declared values on the invoices which triggered the over charging and now run with their tail between their legs insisting they did nothing wrong and only when I demanded the B3 forms from UPS broker , found out Do-It screwed up big time , not good for business I'd say

Berry’s could not have ordered the right ones. If your that close that you shop at Berry’s, got to point Roberts we use tsp shipping. Open an account ( I think you can do it online) then order get shipped to there pay like 5 buck u.s. and then declare at border. That easy

Right Spring ! Let my passport laps ...Going to try SHOP CANADA , Hate Tru-Dhu economics but detest TRUMP anyway so GO CANADA GO lol

Saga update.
UPS still hasn't refunded me the 90.25 yet but guaranteed me it was sent to my credit card and I should call them ..???
Funny I paid by PayPal and no way they gave them my credit card number
Now, this has heightened my interest, since I was with a bank fraud department years ago.
So, I emailed my contact as UPS and asked for the date my Credit Card company was notified
I was advised it was July 24th.
I emailed UPS back and asked
HOWS that possible , when I paid u by PayPal ???
Two days and no UPS response
What the F£/÷k ???

No, I was just emailed by UPS ...THE CHECKS IN THE MAIL !!!!!!
hahahaha, no **** , the checks in the mail !
How many times did I hear that as a banker now by UPS !!!!, after they guaranteed me it was send to my credit card company a week ago .!!
Fricken DIRTBAG DEADBEATS

Got the cheque ....maybe I should have asked it to be certified hahaha (Ok, it's a banker joke ok )
Anyway .....
In summary ;
Do-It , unintentionally overstates declaration values ,which resulted in over inflated import costs
UPS , lied and not so much as a sorry !
My Solution, Will never order from Do-It or accept COD shipments from UPS
THE END !

Got the cheque ....maybe I should have asked it to be certified hahaha (Ok, it's a banker joke ok )
Anyway .....
In summary ;
Do-It , unintentionally overstates declaration values ,which resulted in over inflated import costs
UPS , lied and not so much as a sorry !
My Solution, Will never order from Do-It or accept COD shipments from UPS
THE END !

You can ship ups or fedex.. when they ask you to sign and hand over money, refuse. Tell them you want to self broaker the item. They will need to give you the paperwork. You have to take it to cbsa and pay the duty. They will stap it. Then reschedule the delivery and they have to give you the package. Its a pain, but no way im paying the ups or fedex crooks.

You can ship ups or fedex.. when they ask you to sign and hand over money, refuse. Tell them you want to self broaker the item. They will need to give you the paperwork. You have to take it to cbsa and pay the duty. They will stap it. Then reschedule the delivery and they have to give you the package. Its a pain, but no way im paying the ups or fedex crooks.
Buy Canadian ....... It costs a bit more but well worth it to avoid the insanity !

Back