2019 Tofino Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
REPORT #1 !
When departing the marina (trying too) found out I had no steering - hydraulic fluid had all leaked out.
Several hours later went out for a few hours trolling around close, farming some weeds and making sure everything is in working order.

Only 1 fish worth reporting, a nice FAT Coho probably 8 or 9 pounds just as I was bringing up the last rod.

That was unexpected and Exciting!

Not much of a report, but hey, its #1 !

Congrats on being the first!

Like Codfather, my regular guests for BC day weekend were hit by a drunk driver with devastating results.

The dates are August 3-4-5.

Any takers contact me at

c-buoy1@hotmail.com

Just back into town tonight.

Fished local and came upon a few springs and 2 coho in the 2 hours we were out. Largest Spring in the teens, coho was clipped and was close to 10.

All released tonight didn't want to clean fish in the dark.

Fished a few hours Wednesday morning, a couple of Springs no Coho. Both on Hootchie.
Fished tonight for a little more than an hour. 1 Coho on Hootchie + 1 Spring on spoon.
Kept 1 spring each day, herring inside both, no squid.

BTW - a fish decided to take money hootchie & flasher with him on Wednesday morning. If you catch him PM me I'd like to know where he ended up.

Spent last couple of days fishing inside around Tofino, several springs per day.

Hootchies were the most productive, even though the main bait we found in fish were very small baitfish. Some had squid in them.

Today was a pretty good day with a Tyee to the boat, some coho, 2 Halibut (bigger one at 36lbs) and a good ling as well as HUGE Starry Flounder caught on a Buzz Bomb (That was a surprise).

And both Halibut were on the Best Spoon Ever Made, of course!

Tyee and most of the springs on Hootchies

Spent last couple of days fishing inside around Tofino, several springs per day.

Hootchies were the most productive, even though the main bait we found in fish were very small baitfish. Some had squid in them.

Today was a pretty good day with a Tyee to the boat, some coho, 2 Halibut (bigger one at 36lbs) and a good ling as well as HUGE Starry Flounder caught on a Buzz Bomb (That was a surprise).
Congrats on your winner!

Pretty humble post they're bud. Your emphesis is on the flounder. What Shane didn't mention was the tyee we caught early Sunday morning put us in the lead at the Tofino Salt Water Classic for both spring and coho categories. We had to wait nervously for 8 hours that a bigger one wouldn't come in. White glow hootchie on the bottom was the ticket for both fish. Our 31.2 lb spring and a 11.8 coho took both 1st place finishes.
Hell of a weekend bud.

Last edited:
For salmon, lately, small spoons & Coho killers working best for me & friends.

For salmon, lately, small spoons & Coho killers working best for me & friends.
When I was over 2 years ago, they were hitting small 2.5 inch spoons. I was using the smallest herring aid. It got us our biggest fish of the trip a 25 pound spring. Fished naked 10 feet above and 20 feet back of flasher combo. Crazy sometimes what works!

Any locations holding fish better than others? Thanks!Hayden tofino.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back