Castlegar Walleye???

bcbassfishing

I know I'm new and sure there isn't many who will want to chime in but my 11yr old son and I are planning on giving this fishery a try in early aug in the upper stretches with my 17ft bass tracker aluminum. Would anyone be able help put my mind to ease with some thoughts on this unique opertunity. It's one on the bucket list we'd like to check off. Thanks guys and gals.

Launch below the dam in Robson, anchor up and start jigging in 40 feet of water, with yellow curly tail jigs with some pro cure bloody tunas scent. Money, but go in the evening after 7:30 pm.
^ this- that's exactly how I've caught them.

One thing though be sure you don't anchor too close to anyone or to any bank fishermen there's lots of space and locals are quite sensitive to being crowded- it's all about respect.

very cool... now question time... how much flow are we looking at? (anchor size, jig head weight to stay down in the strike zone ect) also is it very popular? Next is how close would one go to the damn? the only info i have really got is just look between the boat launch and the damn.. rather vague but hey I'm game if thats all I got to go on. Also is there any forestry sites near by? NOT into crowds or locked gates as we will be coming and going at odd hours lol.

Try'd to watch that video but its a pay to view thing.... I know everyone needs to make a living but not going to do it. Anyways guess the real big question is where to stay while we're over that way... would really prefer a forestry site area. Not into gated camping. Anybody got some insight? our wonderful goverment pages don't show much of anything.

Hey getting cabin fever and feeling the itch again... going to bring this post back up. Thinking of trying out the spring this year. Anyone know when we should get heading that way?

Hey getting cabin fever and feeling the itch again... going to bring this post back up. Thinking of trying out the spring this year. Anyone know when we should get heading that way?
The Walleye fishing doesn’t really start until mid June, but the Rainbow fishery in the spring can be good if the water is not too high.

This sounds like something I’d like to try too. Anyone ever use the lock at the dam?

Yes, I am a lock keeper here at the dam. It is free, 7 days a week, 8-4.
good to know... I was there last august and the water was crazy high.. wish I would have looked at the levels before I came over. Seems to be a hit and miss thing when I"ve been there in the summer. I know the fall fishery is supposed to be great but thats time to switch the rods out of rifles.

good to know... I was there last august and the water was crazy high.. wish I would have looked at the levels before I came over. Seems to be a hit and miss thing when I"ve been there in the summer. I know the fall fishery is supposed to be great but thats time to switch the rods out of rifles.
I PM’d you.

Yes, I am a lock keeper here at the dam. It is free, 7 days a week, 8-4.
That’s awesome. Any recommendations for best time to travel through? And is there a fuel dock down there somewhere?

Last edited:
Back