2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading out Sunday as well. Staying at Critter. Going to be awesome. Weather forecast looks good too.

Heading out Sunday as well. Staying at Critter. Going to be awesome. Weather forecast looks good too.

Will watch for you..leaving my boat at home this trip, were staying at moutcha in a couple yurts and fishing out of 2 of their gradys (somebody's paying but it isn't me ) lol...non guided.
Weather is looking favorable

We are heading out Monday and staying on the boat at moutcha until Friday. Really looking forward to some great fishing. I am going to take a wander over to those yurts one of the evenings, they look pretty cool in the photos.

Heading up tomorrow morning until Friday next week! Staying at Moutcha running out of my Laguna 18 cc. Come by and say hi!

Heading up Wednesday for 4 nights, coming back Sunday. I’ll be in the 232 Grady White Gulfstream “OHANA” running on channel 68. I always will share my success and failure. Lol I really hope this rain starts to push in a boat load more fish as it sure sounds quiet on the inside so far!

Ok , so just heard from my friend who is there now. They went 24 miles off shore , limited on Springs up to 30 pounds , and on halibut . They were using bait . He went for a shower , will try and get more info later . They hooked no Coho out there . But Spring fishing was crazy he said .

Ok , so just heard from my friend who is there now. They went 24 miles off shore , limited on Springs up to 30 pounds , and on halibut . They were using bait . He went for a shower , will try and get more info later . They hooked no Coho out there . But Spring fishing was crazy he said .

Thanks for that..
Its a loong run from moucha bay to 24ml ..hope they are in on rocks by Monday :)

Hey guys. Gonna be heading back to moutcha bay resort for our 4th year in a row but this year we'll be heading up a couple weeks later (August 7th). Weve done very well in 2 if our 3 years but was just wondering how the fishing is at that time? Also how are the winds generally off the coast in August?

Thanks

Hey guys. Gonna be heading back to moutcha bay resort for our 4th year in a row but this year we'll be heading up a couple weeks later (August 7th). Weve done very well in 2 if our 3 years but was just wondering how the fishing is at that time? Also how are the winds generally off the coast in August?

Thanks
Hi Mdub
We fished that week for 12 years but had two miserable years 2016 and 2017 so moved to second week on July with great success. But you never know. That time was always great for us until then. This year is good year so far with bigger fish. We are back up next Thursday on 3 Amigos. Tight lines.

You guys do know you cannot retain Chinook out there over 80cm right..... as per the past 2 pages of posts in here and the new regs... I think it is about 12-14 lbs max size if you are more than 1 mile off the surfline. same goes for people fishing off the red can.

I was out last week and had some people bragging to me at critter while fuelling up that they hit lots of 20+ pound fish at bajo and limited out. Some people....

You guys do know you cannot retain Chinook out there over 80cm right..... as per the past 2 pages of posts in here and the new regs... I think it is about 12-14 lbs max size if you are more than 1 mile off the surfline. same goes for people fishing off the red can.

I was out last week and had some people bragging to me at critter while fuelling up that they hit lots of 20+ pound fish at bajo and limited out. Some people....
? Why even go, if that’s right. Might as well stay home I like to fish offshore. Can’t always count on them being inside.

Maybe his buddy is a 1st nation ;-)

Maybe his buddy is a 1st nation ;-)

Not to keep this on the derail but what regulations apply to Natives fishing I know in Alberta if they are sport fishing with hook and line then sport fishing regulations apply to them. If they want to drop a net that’s different.

Again , I just posted what my friend text me . Not first Nations .
So 24 miles off shore , there is still a slot limit , just making sure if I text him back this info .
Thanks , as I never looked at the regs as never fish there

There is zero need to go offshore right now. just got back and was smashing them close to shore.easy limits. biggest 27 and lots in the low twenties. plus a 40 lb trolled hali and several nice lings.

Good to hear, heading to Nootka on Monday for the first time, could you let me know a couple of the spots that produced for you please, also bait or hoochies ? PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back