Saying Goodbye...

so sorry to hear that noggin. I remember when you put up the puppy pictures 10 years ago. Thanks for sharing a big part of your life.

beemer

Thank you folks for the wonderful replies. They certainly are Appreciated.
Not our first rodeo, certainly won't be our last.
But this fellow burrowed extremely deep into our hearts, and the sadness is still overwhelming.
Everywhere I look I somehow expect him to come running...
I will always miss that Fine Lad.

From another Forum, and something that helped a little:

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Ain't having any grief holding back the eye water., seems to be an endless supply.
Vet called, and it is time to go fetch him home for the last time.
He will be interred next to his Lady Asuilu, and forever remain in our home, our hearts and our lives.

Sadly,
Matt

Last edited:
If you've ever had the love of a good dog, you know how soul-crushing it can be when they leave us. A loyal dog is a true companion, they love us despite our shortcomings and failures, they're constantly happy to see us, even if we just left the room five minutes ago, and they somehow always manage to know when we need to feel better at the end of a long, rough day. It's hard to stay miserable and grumpy when someone comes running up to you at full speed, paws sliding everywhere, greeting you with a wet, slobbery kiss as you walk in the door.
When a they die, we're often left with a devastating feeling of loss. There's a giant doggy-shaped hole in our heart, and if your dog was the only pet you had, the sound of the silence in your home can be deafening after they cross over to the other side. Although it won't make your heart hurt any less, saying a few simple prayers as a way of bidding your canine companion farewell may help.
Say farewell in a way that honors your dog's wild spirit, pay homage to the gods of the pack, and let him know how much he was loved.
Luna is now a orphan and will have to go on without her parents around anymore. Darlene and I send our thoughts and prayers out to you and the wife. It is a great loss, as I know he was your constant companion on many of your adventures. We all know going in that they are not going to be with us forever, but they will always be with us in spirit. Their unconditional love makes us all better people. Again, very sorry for your family's loss.

IMG_1594.JPG

I think every child, upon birth, should be given an operating manual on how to prepare for the poignant grief we feel at the loss of a pet. I was not given one and even today, multiple years after losing my first dog, there is still an arrow in my heart where she used to sit.

I’ve lost both parents, even a brother, but losing a dog....nothing prepared me for that....

We all feel your sorrow, Matt.

59A1E74D-1FBB-4221-A1E0-DE70DB2DD960.jpeg

Dogs are good for a laugh - esp. when you need it most. They seem to sense what you really need. Furry, farting, entertaining angels...

If you've ever had the love of a good dog, you know how soul-crushing it can be when they leave us.

Well Said my Friend. Very well that is.

Give Luna a scritch from me and my Lady, and let her know her sister, although mourning with the rest of us, is still doing quite fine healthwise.
And there are several of their kin the same.
Through them, and their children, Boogs & Asuilu's light will carry forward.

Thanks,
Matt

Some of BoogyMan's ashes will be spread over one of his absolute favorite places on the Stamp that we frequented so many times:

kFN56dB.jpg

Another little bit goes into his own plant in the yard.
Small tradition we started, we collect a new-to-us variety, and grant it a little love from our wandered Buddy.
The Hydrangea in the background below was the one we chose for him.
His Rosewood Urn was finished in record time, and arrived today.
That will hold the balance until him and I wander off together sometime down the road.
Great job on the urn, and I can't thank the artist enough.
One of Forbsey's pix of Boogs is the centerpiece:

48KlrYP.jpg

Again, thanks for the kind words Folks.
Another tough one today dealing with all of this, but I am starting to lean towards the great times we shared, and that certainly helps...

Matt

Tearing up reading this, thinking of my olde guy I put down two years ago. You’ll never forget him, and he never forgot you
❤️

Back